[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any big cities worth visiting in the UK apart from London?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: birmingham.jpg (597KB, 938x542px) Image search: [Google]
birmingham.jpg
597KB, 938x542px
Are any big cities worth visiting in the UK apart from London?

Birmingham, Liverpool, Newcastle, Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Sheffield all seem supremely uninteresting. Edinburgh was cool, but Oxford (pop. under 200k) is the biggest city I've found interesting in England, apart from London.
>>
>>1235986
Yarp. According to the twats at The Sunday Times, 'tis currently the best place to live in the UK. We also talk like Pirates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr5qy0GSxNk
>>
>>1236363

I second this, Bristol is pretty cool although their accent is a horrible version of the West country accent
>>
>>1235986
>Edinburgh was cool
Was going to tell you some cool places to go but you said Edinburgh, Oxford and London were great places to go. Edinburgh is London 2.0 and both are hell on earth.
>>
>Birmingham
No. Fuck no. It was rebuilt almost entirely after WWII and, as a consequence, it's turned to shit.

>Manchester
It's great. Quite rough around the edges, but there's *loads* to do and see.

>Liverpool
Haven't got there yet, but many say it's great. Still,
>Beatle-mania

>Nottingham
It's where I live. It's okay, but nothing essential to see. It's better than Sheffield, though.

>Leeds
Eh. Nothing incredible.

>Newcastle
Literally Geordie shore.

Rather than cities, you should visit the countryside. The Peak District, the Lake District + Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors, etc.
>>
>>1236808
>The Peak District, the Lake District + Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors
As a Brit I second these, maybe also Brecon Beacons in Wales.
London I only visit if I really have to or once to show my German girlfriend, who quite liked Speaker's Corner for some reason.
Otherwise I suggest York for the history, and Chester.
>>
I live in Manchester and there's nothing much worth seeing here unless you're a big football fan or for some reason are interested in the industrial revolution

Probably only Glasgow is worth seeing out of the ones listed
>>
File: iow.jpg (132KB, 1382x425px) Image search: [Google]
iow.jpg
132KB, 1382x425px
>>1235986
Go to the Isle of Wright, its got quite a cool history relating to ww2, royalty and all sorts of paganism and cults. Its quite a charming little island.
>>
is Canterbury worth visiting?
>>
>>1235986
Cities and large towns in the UK are for poor people and immigrants and are mostly complete arseholes
>>1236363
Bristol is probably the only nice city in the UK though
>>
Stop being a faggot and go and enjoy some of the greatest countryside on earth
>>
>>1236871
Worth a day trip, yeah.
>>
>>1235986
liverpool is a bit shit, not worth it.

Go to York if youre up that way, or Bath if youre down that way. Bath is really really nice, use the spa there, and visit the roman bath, its incredible.
>>
Visit Belfast and Dublin (not UK but so what?). Actually fuck Dublin, it's over priced. Go to Galway instead.
>>
>>1236858

Also in Manchester.

There's tons of good places to eat, at least.

Lots of nice little pubs too.
>>
>>1236731
Edinburgh is a beautiful city with a lot of history, what on Earth are you talking about? What do you think makes a place 'cool' exactly?

>>1236871
The Cathedral is definitely worth a visit, there is a lot of medieval history to see in general.
>>
>>1238711
This is all I care about.
(And Ibra of course - I'm a Swede)
What can I expect on May 1st? Marches and demonstrations?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.