[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the worst case of 'Paris syndrome' you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
What's the worst case of 'Paris syndrome' you've ever experienced, or what cities/regions have the biggest discrepancy between idealized image and harsh reality?

I wasn't expecting much from Ubud, Bali, but I definitely didn't expect a concrete-covered heap of trinkets and white trash. The fact that the place was ever considered the 'cultural capital' of one of the world's most unique places makes me want to cry. I counted FOUR Ralph Lauren shops. It's the corpse of a country laid out for white people to trample.
The rest of Bali was great, though.
>>
>>1234724
Bali is a containment city, it exists to trap the White trash you speak of so smart people can go elsewhere and enjoy themselves slightly more.
>>
>>1234724
>>1234725
namaste, my real travelerâ„¢ friends.
truly some insightful posts you have here. keep up the great work:^)
>>
>>1234728
I suppose you're not Australian?

Bali is the go to international destination for Bogans. They're all relatively good people who just want to have fun with friends and family, but ultimately they don't really care about the culture they're visiting - hence they overwhelmingly go to Bali.
>>
I've never experienced this, but the closest I've come was Angkor Wat. Was really neat, but I still expected a bit more. I bet being in Bagan the week before didn't help
>>
>>1234724
Paris.
>>
Not really anything because i usually do research before going to places.
>>
File: IMG_20170412_114521641.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170412_114521641.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1234724
Odessa, Ukraine, where I'm going out just now (pic).
I was expecting to walk through the stairs and go to the catacombs. But the stairs were closed (and with FUCKING PLYWOODS, making impossible to even take a decent picture), and there were nothing in the site at Google Maps where the catacombs were supposed to be
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.