[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst city in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 5

File: 318549.jpg (43KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
318549.jpg
43KB, 700x525px
Alrighty, /trv votes for the worst city in Europe,as experienced in travelling or living there,and explain us why
>>
>>1234379
Is England still part of Europe?
>>
>>1234384
For another 2 years or so
>>
>>1234379
Malmö, rape capital of Europe
>>
Brussels but I can't be bothered to explain why
>>
>>1234386
>>1234384
Europe =/= EU
>>
>>1234379
Milano had massive amounts of black asylum seekers trying to scam you
>>
London: expensive, full of reggins
>>
Naples, Italy
>>
>>1234599
Naples is a city I want to go to. It's supposed to have one of the best art museums in the country... Is it that bad for a tourist visiting for 2-3 days?
>>
>>1234468
It pretty much is though.
>>
>>1234458
You should explain why
>>
>>1234664
Europe is a continent, EU is a governmental body.

You can withdraw from a governmental body, but you can't withdraw from a continent.
>>
>>1234379
Rome, its an overrated tourist shit hole, the only redeeming factor is the vatican, but that still isn't enough for me to ever go back, i can see giant churches all over Europe, I actually felt like I was in an Indian city with all the trash and the state of the buildings and shit
>>
You asked for the worst, but everyone is responding with the most overrated. The worst city in Europe is probably in Albania or something.
>>
>>1234458
this what i came here to post.

basically if you took the most boring train station in europe and turned it into a city you'd have brussels.
>>
>>1234664
It's really not.
At all.
>>
London.
Dirty, ugly, smells like shit, large parts look like third world.
Metro system looks like from Fallout and you literally choke on dirt and fumes there.
On top of that it is ultra expensive.
I live here since 4 years and hate it.
>>
>>1234790

As a tourist I found pretty good desu.

Didn't really come across any nignog trying to sell me shit or scam me.

But man is it expensive.

>choke on dirt and fumes there

Not rly
>>
>>1234714
Look, the Rome Trash guy again.
>>
Dublin is pretty much a shithole. Don't expect a victorian architecture city filled with cozy pubs.
>>
>>1234794
>Not rly
Obviously you have never taken the Bakerloo line or Northern line
>>
>>1234716
this guy gets it.
I vote for Wąchock, Poland
>>
Donbass maybe?
>>
>>1234379
Brussels or Glasgow
>>
I agree with the guy that says London
London is a shitthole expensive full of ungly english and a waste of money with a shitty food where you get cancer
>>
>>1234874
just like 4chan then. Seems like we would feel at home there
>>
>>1234798
You're just mad because you know I'm right
>>
>>1234695
Yeah but England was never Europe to begin with. Everyone who isn't retarded already knows that the UK is a separate geocultural entity from the rest of Europe
>>
>>1234798
He exaggerates that's for sure and it's fucking annoying. But Rome really is shitty in many ways. I was there last summer and definitely wouldn't go back. I did love the Vatican and the colloseum tho. But that's about it.

Definitely not the worst city in Europe. That nod goes to London.
>>
>>1235090
Why is that?
>>
>>1234843
i forgot about glasgow. i retract >>1234722 glasgow is worse.
>>
File: calm down calm down.jpg (57KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
calm down calm down.jpg
57KB, 620x413px
Liverpool is a world-class shithole.
>>
>>1235126

This. Durkadurkanistan is arguably the worst by a long stretch
>>
>>1235126
yeah I find it funny because whenever I shit talk Rome, everyone comes out the woodwork defending it, even though it is overrated as fuck, I imagine it was great before the tourists got to it, but nowadays it's not even worth it to stop in Rome when there are so many better places to go in that region

Also hotels and hostels are overpriced and shitty

My real vote for shittiest European city would also probably be London, I went for a week and I didn't see the sun once and everyone seems depressed as fuck, combine that with lack of shit to do and you got London
>>
>>1235528
>I imagine it was great before the tourists got to it
So, with my admittedly dodgy knowledge of history, you mean sometime around 400AD?
>>
>>1235528
Your Rome obsession borders on the autism. That's why people get tired of you eternally raging on the same old shit no matter what the thread is about. You're not being objective at all.

Your gf left you in Rome for another traveler, didn't she?

Agree with you on London except:

>lack of shit to do

Nigga wut?
>>
>no vote for Paris yet

What happened to my /trv/?
>>
>>1235528
To each their own. Personally I loved London, and I've been to a lot of cities. Not sure why, something about it.
>>
>>1234790
>I live here since 4 years

Try speaking English and you'll enjoy England a bit more, foreigner
>>
>>1235528
>it was great before the tourists got to it

My god son are you so stupid as to think tourists are new to Rome? The fucking count of monte cristo is full of tourists in Rome.
>>
Budapest.

>EXTREMELY overrated
>rudest people in Europe
>most bizarre and disgusting people in Europe
>worst food in eastern europe
>retarded pronunciation
>shitty bars
>terrible coffee
>literally nothing that cool
>worst mix of degeneracy and strict society imaginable.
Why is this on everybody's "trip to europe" ? It fucking sucks. I fell for the "visit budapest" meme on my backpacking trip and regret it severely. Since everybody sucks there I did every tourist thing and tour I could to kill time for the hostel I already paid for. It was all shit and the only cool part "pest" is an extremely shittier version of parts of Prague. The time I spent there coulda been much better used in Bulgaria or the Czech republic.
>>
I wasn't a fan of Anakara
>>
>>1235826
Interesting as I've heard it's a slightly better version of prague.
>spent a semester in Prague
>drank all the pivo
>>
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Paris yet. I understand a city is a city but the shear amount of people alone is enough for me not to go back. In other major cities I can walk blocks mid day with out encountering anyone. Not in Paris.

I saw numerous men just pissing on the side of buildings and not trying to hid it.

The uber drivers are everywhere and drive like shit.

Multiculturalism in full effect.
>>
>>1234379
Malmö.
Muslims.
>>
>>1235865
Prague is so much better
>that beer
>that castle
>that general vibe
>you can get weed and it's not that illegal.
Food was meh for me but if I paid more I coulda gotten something better.
>>
>>1235176
>>1234843
why brussels and glasgow as bottom 2?
>>
>>1234607
Naples itself is pretty meh, but it's a good base for trips to Pompeii, Capri, Herculaneum, etc.
>>
Is this the thread where we miss the point of the OP and instead shit on popular cities in Europe because we didn't like them?

If so, gonna go with Dublin
>>
London.

Shit food, shit weather, full of tourists traps, full of ugly buildings, shit food, full of tourists, expansive as fuck, shit food, all hostels are shit, shit broadway's shows every corner, full of foreign, shit food.

And I almost forgot, shit food. Beans at breakfast and fish and ships at lunch.
>>
>>1235944
I'm white lol
>>
i'm from london, and i'd vote for london.

overpriced everything, in terms of fun "cool" things to do (as in, not museums, art gallery, etc..), theres not actually alot its got going for it.
it is pretty ugly, it is overcrowded (though not as bad as some places), people are very unwilling to talk to you, native girls are ugly and binge drinkers 99% of the time, the whole country's ethos revolves around getting pissed, culturally "cool" places are really just glorified shitholes. and while im at it, tramps on every single street, the river thames is grim, the weather is shit, and if you'd ever want to rent a flat there, expect to pay 60% of ur salary for a crumby box room.

also, tho it never used to bother me, the extreme multiculturalism and wealthy inequality is getting worse.

i think the whole city wud be improved massively if a) people were friendlier,
and b) there was more positive vibes in the city. as it stands, everyones just as miserable as this post. and im from london, so thats proof enough.

if u wanna see a goodside of england, i wudnt really know where to suggest. theres some great arcihtecture and wildlife reserves/parks around the country, but desu theres better scenery by miles elsewhere in the world.

the best thing about london, is being able to say your from "london". alot of foreign non-euro pean countries seem to really dig you for some reason, mostly for the city's history/music i guess.
>>
>>1235951
You can get great food in London, but you have to also not be a poorfag. I was there just a few weeks ago for a weekend and every meal was top notch. Now they weren't cheap, but worth the price, especially with the GBP tanked.
>>
Malmo, muslims every where.
>>
>>1235994
Back to /int/ and /pol/
>>
>>1236003
Back to /tumblr/ and /plebbit/
>>
>>1235951
t.never been to England let alone London

Are you Polish by any chance.

I hate London btw but you just sound really angry.
>>
>>1235944
I'm the same guy, and am white, but how would me being black effect the quality of Hungary's shit food and shit things to do? It's a shit city in a shit country with shit food, shitty overrated bars/clubs and shit tourist attractions. Hell even their coffee was disgusting and made me gag. They people suck too and extremely weird.

I've been to other "uncucked" countries in Europe probably more than you have, they're all better Hungary.
>>
>>1236070
Sounds like youre just a bad tourist. For example, you criticise budapest coffee and yet its one of the focal points of austrian coffee culture, which is generally considered at least on par with italian coffee culture if not superior. Their food is also generally viewed favourably. It sounds like you just ventured into a random shithole because you dont know how to choose proper restaurants or coffee shops.
>>
>>1235987
Foreign food, right? I am not a rich fag, I can't pay $15 for a meal everyday, twice a day.

>>1236015
I visited London for 9 days in February/2013, with a hipster lesbian friend who likes to take pictures and worship London for some reason I don't know.

After 4 days, I had nothing more to see or do (don't visit greenwich, it's crap). I asked my friend if she want to do something or if she know something to do, she replyed:
>"It's London, just to be here is already fun"
>"..."

And she stayed at hostel all day long - using my laptop.
In the 5th day I visited Stonehenge, while she did nothing for one more day. After that, I did nothing more than walk on the streets, with rain and a stong cold wind all the time.

>Are you Polish by any chance.
Not even close, I am Brazilian.
>>
London is the worst and ugliest place you can visit desu
>>
>>1236083
>poorfag can only afford expired sandwiches from supermarket
>complains about food

Seriously, you think $15 for a meal is much? It's absolutely nothing. You'd also complain about the food in Japan because you can only afford cup ramen.
>>
>>1236108
>Seriously, you think $15 for a meal is much?

15 pounds for ENGLISH food is much.
I paid 15 euros for Italian food in Italia with a smile in face.
And I don't like Japanese food, that is why I don't want to visit Japan.
>>
>>1234790
The Tube doesn't choke you, Hans.
>>
>>1236108
dunno, In my second world country two good meals in a restaurant still usually cost less than this

And while traveling I always pay less than 4$ per day for food
>>
>>1236092
Never been outside of Western Europe I see.
>>
>>1235090
That's just bongs trying to be special snowflakes. You're European, get over it.
>>
No one is going to mention Marseilles? Really?
>>
>everyone mentioning hostels
>complaining place is crap

lmao no shit you're staying in a cheap shit place and probably didn't spend a dime wandering the streets
>>
>>1236083
I'll tell you a little secret of budget travellings, irmão brasileiro: it's a very important thing to try the main dishes of a country. But you don't need to eat it everyday. Just eat once or twice and keep your diet with kebab, which is a complete meal and will feed you well during your trip. Plus, always ask for the menu
>>
ITT: poor people
>>
>>1234843
>>1235176
>>1234843
>>1235176

Glasgow is pretty low on stuff to see as a tourist and the bad parts are fucking horrible, but they are easily avoided.

The people are pretty much the nicest you'll meet, night life is great, plenty of picturesque architecture and parks, everything is cheap, lots of great places to eat, proximity to some of the best bits of Scotland.

If you think it's the worst city in the UK then you've definitely never been to Dundee, Aberdeen, Birmingham, Leeds, fucking Bradford, Newcastle, Cardiff, Belfast, Hull etc.
>>
>>1236431
This.
>>
>>1234489
Just about anywhere in Italy nowadays. Rome, Venice, Genoa... All had those fuckers trying to scam you
>>
Manchester.
I felt like I was in Detroit. Never again.
>>
>>1234388
Then you learned the incompatibility of cherry-picked stats gathered with different methodologies.
>>
>>1235090
This: >>1236214
>>
>>1234379
Chernivtsi
>>
>>1236928
>>1236214
I'm not a bong actually I quite despise them which is why I'm persistent on not considering them to be European
>>
>>1236938
The British are European. Europe is a continent. Which Britain is in. It's like saying Japan isn't in Asia.
>>
>>1236436
What's wrong with Cardiff? It's a very nice place actually growing faster than anywhere in the country. You've clearly never been to those places either. Just naming things you suspect to be bad, or have traditional bad reps.
>>
>>1234664
you wouldn't consider switzerland or norway part of europe?
>>
>>1236074
No it's just a overrated city. I do pretty good everywhere else I go. EVERY country and city in the Balkans is better than there with better people, every capital/big city in Europe is better. I went to the places the hostel/trip advisor/wikitravel said to go and they all fucking suck.

It's overrated and should be dropped from "ULTIMATE BACKPACKING EUROPE!" itineraries
>>
>>1236929

fuck off. cheap, nice pedestrian area in the centre, nice architecture
>>
Tirana Albania. Most of the country is surprisingly enjoyable to visit, with friendly people and decent food, but Tirana is a total shithole. Highlights include a crumbling pyramid with human feces at the top, stray animals on George bush blvd, desperate people selling ikea furniture screws on blankets, donkeys grazing on trash near open sewers, and bombed out looking buildings soth carwashes in them. Absolutly africa tier.
>>
>>1234874
>full of ungly english
I wish.
>>
I loved London, lived there for about a year. Yeah sure, lived and worked in the poshest areas and only had time to visit on the week-ends so basically I was always busy. But I really had a great time for some reason, felt very comfy.

I never had really shitty experience in European cities. I'd say the lamest experience I had was Bratislava: weather was shit, traveled with a boring piece of paranoid shit who got ripped off, not many things to do...

>>1235826
I loved the fuck of Budapest though. Easily one of the most surprising (in a good way) destinations because people always have prejudice against Eastern Europe. It was my first "Eastern" Europe country too, and because of that experience, I'm going further East from tomorrow with some pal who lives there. Should be more fun this time around.
>>
>>1237773
>It was my first "Eastern" Europe country too
That might explain it. I had already toured through former Yugoslavia and Bulgaria. Was blown away at how great EE is. Cheap beer, great food, clean social hostels for cheap and amazing girls. EE is the best.

Have fun anon.
>>
>>1237773
I'm going at the end of this month for a week, any food suggestions? Or bars?
>>
>>1234664
You're such a fucking idiot holy shit
>>
File: IMG_7548.jpg (95KB, 736x606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7548.jpg
95KB, 736x606px
Bucharest.

I've been in all these cities listed here (except Tirana) and it's easily the worst.

The whole place is an eye sore. The ugliest parts of Glasgow don't go anywhere near the suburbs of Bucharest
>>
>>1234384
Yeah man until the UK drifts off into the atlantic to join America because signing a piece of paper can do that
>>
>>1235090
Are you disabled? They've always had cultural influences from mainland europe. Even before the Romans came to the UK, the tribes there were regulary in contact with the celtic tribes of france and other places. It was and always has been a part of Europe in every way.
>>
>>1235880
Yea, Malmo sure is the only city in Europe with muslims
>>
ITT -- Everybody gets mad when somebody dislikes something they like.
>>
>>1236927
>t. Swedecuck
>>
>>1237874
This, and I even participated in it fuck.
>>
>>1237842
Doesn't matter lad, loads of european countries used to be an integral part of the german central european cultural sphere, but 50 years of american anticommie memes made them into eastern europe. Britain isnt europe. :^}
>>
>>1234388
False
>>
>>1234799
got to disagree, imo its a beatiful city
>>
>>1237829
Topkek I'm going there tomorrow morning.
>>
>>1235869
Because Paris is over romanticist as hell but it's actually a pretty good city compared to many other.
The main critique points are actually the same as in every other large city in the west.
>gypsies begging/scamming outside of every single attraction
>africans selling fake goods
>homeless people roaming the streets
>lots of tourist traps
>streets are often dirty and full of trash
>pity crime
>some really shady areas
>metro is kinda shit
That is literally the description of London, Madrid, Prague, Berlin, Barcelona, Vienna, Rome, Milano, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Stockholm...
Replace Gypsies with niggers or sudacas for Washington DC, LA, NYC, Boston, SFO...

Paris actually delivers, the sights and museums are great, cultural attractions are very good (opera, ballet, theaters), great architecture and history, awesome gastronomy if you go out of your way, awesome shopping locations (if you want to take a girl on a shopping binge bring here to paris. Galeries Lafayette, Printemps and Champs Elysées...)
>>
>>1237975
you are false
>>
>>1236452
I went to all those cities and more and Milan was by far the worse when it comes to that in particular.

My most dissapointing city has to be Pisa though, literally nothing there except the tower.
>>
>>1235335
>I-I was bullied and robbed by northyed up scousers

you fucking nerd.
>>
>>1238025
basically the problem, as always, is capitalism.

oh, and enough with the racism my friend, we wouldn't want you banned x
>>
in reality it's probably some 4th tier shithole in england like hull
>>
>>1238084
Hull? HULL? European capital of culture 2017 m8. It doesn't get any better. I guess you've never been to Walsall then.
>>
>>1238074
This is the modern sense of "literally", which is synonymous with "figuratively". There are other structures on the Campo dei Miracoli.
>>
>or living there

Pripyat?
>>
>>1234468
>Europe =/= EU
It more or less is, only a handful of European countries aren't in EU and even those ones have to basically enact EU compatible legislation. Switzerland will adopt a lot of EU policies because they want to do trade, travel etc and they need to be compatible.
>>
>>1234722
>basically if you took the most boring train station in europe and turned it into a city you'd have brussels
But it has some really nice bits, Brussels has some charm in the right parts.
>>
>>1238164
44 European countries (or even more, depending how you count)
28 (-1) EU countries

wtf are you on about?
>>
>>1238011
I really want to visit there once, have some friends there.... Cannot bring myself to book the tickets, heard so much crap about Bucharest.

>>1234722
This is kind of accurate. Luckily it's close to France, so the food and drinks kind if save it.
>>
>>1238203
Well here I am in Bucharest. Gonna meet my friend soon enough. I just think it's worth going anywhere if you know the people.
>>
File: 1411877214211.png (8KB, 363x364px) Image search: [Google]
1411877214211.png
8KB, 363x364px
>>1238080
>basically the problem, as always, is capitalism.
>oh, and enough with the racism my friend, we wouldn't want you banned x
>>
>>1235849
Ankara is a shitty city no doubt
>>
>>1238025
>Stockholm

Doesn't belong in that list of yours. Neither does Vienna.
>>
>>1237829
>suburbs of Bucharest
nigga why would you ever
I mean the place isn't exactly rich as it is, and you intentionally seek the bad parts of the city?

but anyway, I have no idea what to say about it; some people went there and somehow liked it a lot, some were like w/e

I don't think it's a place to spend too much time in, 3-4 days is enough; Transylvania is much nicer, but then again I grew up in Bucharest until 4 years ago so I'm a bit biased (against it)

>>1238234
post stories anon, I'm curious
oh and please ask your friend if (s)he joined the recent protests :3
>>
>>1234379
BERLIN

Full of muslims, dykes, fags, leftists, antifasicsts, criminals and illegal immigrants.
>>
>>1238234
Yeah, I don't know... Thing is I've even been to Romania many times before, just not Bucharest...

Oh well, I'll probably book something for autumn, hang out and eat all day.
Please post your fave soup place from there.
>>
>all these western European cities
lmao, just because you're insufferable fairies who nobody wants to be around doesn't mean that those cities are bad. go to any eastern European city(not capitols) and see how you like it there.
all of you are 12 year old bitches who somehow feel validated now
>I said Paris, London, Berlin etc. is shit that'll show'em
probably weren't even there, so your opinions are worthless anyway.
>>
>>1238542
>go to any eastern European city(not capitols) and see how you like it there
Wroclaw? Krakow ?
Safe and beautiful, also look European and not like Africa.
>>
>>1236431
>>1236442
Most people on 4chan are teenagers/young adults/students, so what were you expecting fucking retards? Core demographic = 18-25 years old
>>
>>1238487
>implying being an anti-fascist is bad
>>
>>1238542
Went to Lviv and had a blast, I mean obviously the shittiest city in Europe is going to be in the balkans, but we are talking about cities we hated, like I hate Athens
>>
>>1238473
>>1238518

Yeah he did join the protests.

One day in and didn't eat much except getting wasted on alcohol. I'll do an update when I get back, in one week.

Yeah the city is nothing like Budapest. You have many nice streets but issue is they are heavily deteriorated. However it is extremely safe in general and the people, although very cynical about everything, are nice.
>>
>>1238559
being against fascism is not bad, but Antifa is
>>
>>1238747
>although very cynical about everything
oh definitely
for whatever reason a lot of us have become obsessively welcoming and hospitable, especially to foreigners; we have a maniacal instinct of going out of our way (and budget sometimes) to make guests feel at home; must be some kind of inferiority complex

well anyway, if you go to some place with more traditional food, try sarmale, mici, lamb soup, drob, and pască ; the last two are typical around Easter

ask away if you have general questions about the place
Thread posts: 130
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.