[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balkans, Former Yugoslavia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1355971513878.png (283KB, 1677x754px) Image search: [Google]
1355971513878.png
283KB, 1677x754px
Are the Balkans safe for a Canadian male age 25 to travel alone? I speak English and French. I want to travel from Greece, up and around the Balkans, and end up in Hungary.
>>
No you must wait until you're 34.
>>
>>1234206
fuck
>>
Is there anything someone like me should be careful of when there?
>>
>>1234216
serbs, train robberies, albanians.

don't mention the war.

generally don't refer to the place you are in by a name, just say "this place is nice." If you say Bosnia when you are in the Herzegovina region you'll get punched.

It's safe, Don't be naive.
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-10_14-38-11.png (525KB, 786x623px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-10_14-38-11.png
525KB, 786x623px
My recommended route.
>>
>>1234213
Yeah I went when I was 33 and they beat and raped me and deported my ass back to America, but when I went back at 34 I was completely fine and had a great time
>>
>>1235437
Better to go south from bosnia through Mostar and Dubrovnik than via the nothingness that is around Bihac, Kljuc etc.
>>
>>1235437
>avoiding albania

all memes aside I've heard they're quite nice and fond of tourists. It has a bad rep in the media but they have a big craving for tourist gibs that it's a worthwhile tourist country
>>
>>1234165
I've been to north-croatia, north-serbia and belgrado and can tell you I thought it was very safe and very friendly people so go for it, and yes I guess the war is a touchy subject so avoid talking bout it but that's easy
>>
>>1235437
>going through Kosovo to Montenegro

Are you literally insane?
>>
File: 1483209001410.gif (789KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1483209001410.gif
789KB, 245x180px
>>1235609
True. Initial plan was from Sarajevo straight to Zagreb but then I remembered the coastline of CRO.
>>1235622
Eh, I only did it because I assumed time was of the essence. I don't disagree that it can be a nice time.
>>1235899
It's safe for any reasonable traveler. I was in ISIS-adjacent territory recently and felt safe because I was aware of surroundings and saw other solo travelers just napping at random bus stops.
>>
>>1235901
Much better route would be: from Sofia, use highway to reach Nis and then go to Montengro through Serbia. It's safer, the road is better, yo skip the mountains and extremely shitty roads in Kosovo/ Kosovo-Montenegrin part of the border

If i were you, i wouldn't skip Belgrade. Macedonia is pretty shit except lake Ohrid (which you miss in original photo)

In Montenegro i'd visit Cetinje mountain and Kotor bay (both of which you'd directly stumble upon if you took the route to Belgrade
>>
File: firefox_2017-04-11_14-29-02.png (666KB, 759x619px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-04-11_14-29-02.png
666KB, 759x619px
>>1235910

Updated version. Serbia is skipped because compared to other places in the region it's not as inspiring or noteworthy. This is a travel route, not a wishlist and other stuff needs to be taken into consideration as well.

There is no highway Sofia - Nish, I went by car on the route a few months ago, not full anyway, just some random strips. If you want to take the highway for a longer time you need to take the long way round - all for the reward of a few minutes more. Or actually wasting a few minutes. The bus companies don't do it.
>>
>>1235920
>Serbia is skipped because compared to other places in the region it's not as inspiring or noteworthy

Serbia > Kosovo+Macedonia, objectively, but it's your trip. I'm telling you that road from Kosovo to Podgorica - Montenegro is a nightmare, whole road through Montenegro is a nightmare except few well known roads, and a road from Kosovo to Podgorica is not one of them
>>
>>1234165
only croatia is ok the rest is shit
t. croat
>>
>>1235899
are you a massive pussy? kosovo isn't scary it's pretty normal apart from the burning trash and shitty construction
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.