[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one /trv/? (This includes Islands of Adventure)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Disney-vs-Universal.jpg (159KB, 1000x571px) Image search: [Google]
Disney-vs-Universal.jpg
159KB, 1000x571px
Which one /trv/? (This includes Islands of Adventure)
>>
Depends on what you're looking for. I mean generally speaking Disney resort hotels are very good and most contain very good restaurants and bars in them. Epcot in particular and it's World Showcase has some great food and drink options. Also if you like the sappy and very inclusive themeing, then I think you'll like Disney World.

I think Universal has some really good thrill rides and some that are just bleh. Depending on crowds I can see spending a day at each park, but there are a lot of rides you can pass on and still enjoy the park.

Even as a cynical adult, I'd probably spend more time at Disney World. Just avoid going during the summer, most people in the park seemed like they were in a good mood when the sun wasn't blowing us out.
>>
>>1234088
As an adult, with no experience in either place, I'd have to say Disney is your bucket list item. If you are trying to plan your trip, there's very little reason you can't do a day in each. When you compare adult themed activities, it depends on you, whether you want the harry potter experience which they spread across two parks and thus, two tickets, or whether you want to do the adult fun and food at EPCOT and still see some traditional rides and historical familiar things at magic kingdom in the various lands.

Like this guy said, >>1234233
do not go when it's stinking hot, or an actual school holiday. These parks are at capacity all day every day, and having to deal with humid heat, lines with more people in them for longer, and you run a bit less than zippy all day. Also, you'll buy more drinks so you don't die.
>>
>>1234088
Been to both many times. Customer service and overall experience at universal pale in comparison to Disney. Disney has something for everyone, and even going back there 10+ times in 20 years, I still find something new to do each time.
>>
>>1234088
Universal has better rides and live shows. But Disney is better overall, IMO.
>>
Disney all the way, honestly Universal cannot even compare. The Harry Potter world is nice, but Disney more rides overall, better rides for everyone, and a better atmosphere / food / everything else. It's not that Universal isn't worth going to, but if you have to choose one or the other Disney beats it in every category.

That said, Universal has better thrill rides for adults, and some great dark rides as well, but overall Disney is just a better experience, whereas Universal just feels like a slightly better normal amusement park.
>>
When I was a small kid: Disney

When I was a big kid (i.e.: teenager): Universal

When I became an adult and got my own kids: Disney

Universal fights Disney better than anyone else, but Disney still comes out on top.

Also, despite the ticket prices being identical, there seems to be more Spanish-speaking enthusiasts at Universal than at Disney for some reason.
>>
File: DSC05826.jpg (827KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05826.jpg
827KB, 1920x1080px
Real-life Floridian here...

I will tell you some secret hole-in-the-wall parks centered around natural freshwater springs north and west of Orlando that exemplify The Real Floridaâ„¢:

Weeki Wachee Springs
Stuff they have:
Underwater mermaid shows viewed via underwater viewing area built into the side of the rock at the base of the spring (this is supposedly the last attraction of its kind).
Animal encounters (seeing wild birds, petting gators and snakes, and so forth)
Boat ride up and down the Weeki Wachee River
Small water park with slides emptying into the spring.

Homosassa Springs (tee hee hee)
Stuff they have:
Boat ride taking you from the visitor center to the spring area.
Underwater observatory at the base of the spring.
Manatee feedings (you basically have a 100% chance of seeing manatees here in a non-aquarium setting).
Small zoo with alligators and other Florida-native wildlife, except for one hippo, which was part of a previous attraction at the site.

Silver Springs (this is claimed to be the largest spring formation in Florida and the world)
Stuff they have:
Glass-bottom boat tours (there have been glass-bottom boats operating here since 1878 ever since a couple of guys put panels of pane glass in the bottom of a couple of canoes, and hence they are considered the oldest commercial tourist attraction in Florida [the current boats are motor-driven]).
Concert stage and large concession area from previous operation (these used to be part of a larger amusement offering that included a revolving observation tower ride thingy and zoo animals on display, before the park operator cucked out and the State of Florida took over operations in 2013 and took most of that stuff out).

You can also rent canoes and kayaks at most springs in Florida (there are literally hundreds of them in the state).

Pic is of Silver Springs taken form the now-removed revolving observation tower.
>>
>>1234088
Both of Universal can be visited on a day. So Stay more time in Disney.

Nevertheless, as an adult, Universal is better but for no more time than a day
>>
Disney by far, but Universal is fantastic too.

The good thing about Disney World is that they make it a nice 'experience'. You could go about one of those parks without riding any rides and still have a great day.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.