[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British Empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png (457KB, 2753x1400px) Image search: [Google]
The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png
457KB, 2753x1400px
Has anyone considered touring the old Empire or Commonwealth before?

How about the modern British Overseas Territories? Anyone been to the Falklands or Bermuda?
>>
I've been to Bermuda. It's was the most expensive place ever.
>>
South Georgia Island is pretty, in a cold austere way. Lots of penguins and seals. Cruise ships stop by occasionally. The few inhabitants (scientists, museum staff) work for the UK government.
>>
>>1231577
Knew a guy in the army who went to the Falklands

Said it was a massive shithole and we should turn it over to the argies so they can be as miserable as he was
>>
Gibraltar is one of my favorite places on earth. I hope to fuck Brexit doesn't put British ownership in jeopardy.
Cool idea touring the Commonwealth.
>>
>be me
>American stationed at an RAF base
>tempted to see if I can hop a flight to some British places

I'm toying with the idea of Falklands or British Indian Ocean Territory, also Gibraltar is a must - their 50th national day is coming up in September. I almost hope that becomes another Falklands 2, just so we can collectively boast about how the old ghost of the empire is still kicking
>>
File: Yes B'y.jpg (188KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Yes B'y.jpg
188KB, 800x533px
>>1231577
St Helena is right up there on my list as soon as they get the airport issues resolved. I sadly couldn't manage the time to go the RMS route. Wouldn't mind seeing the Falklands, but on those occasions I want to go somewhere cold, wet and grey, the former Dominion of Newfoundland is spectacularly beautiful, and home to some of the nicest people to use English as their language.
>>
>>1232067
go to Diego Garcia and tell us about all the CIA ops
>>
>>1232078
I would hardly call what Newfs speak English
>>
File: zummerzet.jpg (41KB, 349x259px) Image search: [Google]
zummerzet.jpg
41KB, 349x259px
>>1232082
Admittedly, it does take some getting used to. I was seeing a girl in St John's, got drunk on George Street and as a result reverted to my own fairly heavily accented Bristolean / Westcountry English. She had to act as interpreter between myself and the locals, despite us allegedly using the same language
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.