[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into frequent flyer miles? I hear that U.S. based airlines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 927-h_main-w.png (126KB, 620x280px) Image search: [Google]
927-h_main-w.png
126KB, 620x280px
How do I into frequent flyer miles? I hear that U.S. based airlines mileage programs are crap. If that's the case, then how do I pick which one to use? On United I have the option to add my Singapore account number so I can accrue miles on my Singapore account rather than United. Is this worth doing?

FWIW, my travel plans are mostly international to Asia. Don't really care about domestic travel.

Also I currently have 34000 SPG, 34000 Hilton, 65000 Chase Rewards, 13000 Amex, and about 6k in Delta, AA, and United if that matters.
>>
>>1231473
I also have this question I have tons of frequent flyer miles with both Southwest and Delta but I don't understand how I cumulated them if I don't actually own a card from one of those companies, would getting said card allow me to utilize the miles that I have somehow obtained and if I did, how would that work? How do I know what I can get for them?
>>
>>1231473
Fuck you, you rich fuck give me some money so I don't have to keep taking easyjet everywhere.
>>
>>1231562
I-I'm not rich. Those are barely enough to pay for a few nights in a hotel, much less a round trip international flight.
>>
b-bump

where's a rich anon when you need him
>>
>>1231480
When applying for a card, read what you get. Not all points/miles are equally valuable, however, so be wary of that. You can find tons of blogs that talk about how to maximize using your points. Also, I haven't done it personally but I've heard that you can book almost any flight on Singapore Airlines (to Asia) that you would on United for less miles overall.

>>1231480
Those airlines allow you to get points with them if you fly, even if you don't have a credit card. You just need an account. Using their credit card makes it easier to get points with them since you can accumulate points on your everyday purchases instead of just airline-related purchases.

>>1231565
wrong. 34k SPG and 65k Chase UR points can get you somewhere internationally if you don't care about living it up in first class and are smart about it. I flew roundtrip (in coach, btw, wouldn't recommend) from LA to New Zealand and Australia by transferring 80k Chase UR points to United.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.