[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Irish-American quasi-heritage fag with ancestry in Cork and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

>Irish-American quasi-heritage fag with ancestry in Cork and Kerry
>7 - 10 days in Ireland during summer
>Flying into Dublin
>Want to also see Belfast
>Interested in conflict/history, politics, culture, etc.
>Not a drinker but might like to go to pubs
What do?

Is this a good idea? It seems like it would be best to leave Kerry for the future:
>Dublin - 3 days
>Cork - 2 days
>Belfast - 2 days

Does that seem decent?
Can /trv/ recommend me stuff in those cities?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472424663455.jpg (39KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472424663455.jpg
39KB, 720x540px
>>1231470
>Dublin has gone to shit full of leftists and foreigners
>Belfast is a shithole
>Don't know about Cork

Go visit Derry
>>
Go to the southwest.

Cork>Kinsale>Killarney>Galway.

Dublin is worth it as far as historical interest, but you'll be missing the natural beauty of Ireland.
>>
>>1231470
>Irish-American quasi-heritage fag with ancestry in Cork and Kerry

You should literally mention that to everyone, they love when Americans talk about their Irish background.
>>
Cork-Belfast is a shit distance, though. Just stick around in the SouthWest. Norn Iron is overrated.
>>
>>1231470
Dublin is very multicultural and not very friendly. I'd visit the National History Museum and some other free museums in the city centre, then go.

I wouldn't bother with Belfast.

I'd try to get to Cork and spend some time in Kerry as well, people in the countryside are nicer and it's quite a nice landscape there. Even if you could fit in a visit to an island such as the Aran Islands, the islands tend to be nice.
>>
>>1231960
>Norn Iron is overrated.
>overrated
I don't think anyone really cares about it
>>
>>1231844
>>1231969
These guys have good advice. You know if wanting to know the Irish culture is something important to you, getting a feel of the heritage, you should be indeed going to cork and kerry, or at least getting more than an hour out Dublin. What is it that you plan to do?
I would classify the right way to see Ireland is a self-drive vacation, where you can easily move to a new town every single day. Maybe you just want to do that on a later trip? I wouldn't get angsty about it, but you should probably have a good idea already that Dublin is 2 days depending on your interests whether it be literary, architecture or seeing live music You should already know no one really enjoys Belfast or makes it part of more than just passing through when doing the northeast to northwest half of the country, like the Causeway. Did you pick up a guide book yet? Or google a typical itinerary?
Do you not drink at all? AA? You can't nurse a single cider or whiskey all night? You could dine well most anywhere, but pubs are kind of social and not to be avoided entirely.
>>
>>1231470
I hate guys like you
We hate guys like you
>>
will you have a car?
>>
Dublins grand for history and the conflict but wouldnt recommend the city
The west coast is where its at. Dunno about the north. but >>1231960 is definitely right about it being a cunt of a distance.
I'd recommend 2 days max in Dublin and the rest on the west side, Galway, Sligo, Kerry, Cork, Clare, that sort of shite
Also dont write of pubs, even if you're not a drinker, find a pub with trad music playing, go in, have a guiness and enjoy the music

Also dont be overly offended if someone calls you a cunt, its not that big of a deal
>>
>>1231819

Self deprecation is an awful trait to have. Work on that my friend.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.