[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never been to NYC, but am going to go alone in June. How many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: new-york-city-guide.jpg (747KB, 2560x1280px) Image search: [Google]
new-york-city-guide.jpg
747KB, 2560x1280px
Never been to NYC, but am going to go alone in June. How many days do I need to set aside to see the basics? My goals are pretty much to see some museums, the 9/11 memorial, and maybe take an uber to the Bronx to see my mom's childhood house.

What touristy things are worthwhile other than that? I know to see the views from 30 rock rather than the empire state building, avoid eating in times square, and to take the state island ferry back and forth rather than go to the statue of liberty. Appreciate other suggestions.
>>
I think the Mermaid Parade in Coney Island is in June. If it is while you are there, you could easily spend a half day watching a mix of families, hipsters, and burlesque queens marching in various costumes.
>>
>>1229213
>to see the views from 30 rock
What's that? Explain pls for foreighner that wanna visit NYC too.
>>
>>1229429
bump
>>
>>1229429
>>1229633
the rockefeller building. the views are indeed better.

>>1229213
honestly, you could spend 3 weeks in New York and still not do all the "basics"
>>
> Mermaid Parade
June 17, 2017. Definitely try to make it.
http://www.coneyisland.com/programs/mermaid-parade
>>
>>1229213
Just went in December. You could spend a whole day in each art museum. We tried our best to squeeze in as much as we could in a week and still ran out of time.

Fuck: the statue of liberty, Ellis Island, The Empire State Building, Time Square (have to do once though, especially if you're going to see a play), Grand Central

Do: The Rockefeller Center, The 9/11 memorial, the Oculus, Tony di Napoli's for dinner(if you go to Time square), Central Park, museums, phantom of the Opera is always a safe bet for a musical.
>>
>>1229863
Some of my own dos that I'll add:

Union Square, St. Mark's place, Coney Island

and if you're into partying or at least drinking, hang out in one of the neighborhoods with a lot of bars at night
>>
>>1229213
Why take Uber? Go to mta.info and get there by subway or bus. The Bronx isn't as dangerous as it was.
>>
>>1229863
>eating in times square
As a new yorker this triggers me
>>
>>1230024

I'd rather have a private ride. It's not that much money.
>>
File: U Wot M8.jpg (11KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
U Wot M8.jpg
11KB, 400x343px
I’ve never been but I've always been curious about New York weather. In the movies New York looks freezing cold during winter and hot as Satan’s breath in the summer. What’s the deal with this? Is that only in certain areas of New York City or is it like that all across the state? What would the weather in Brooklyn in July be like, for example?
>>
>>1230070

hot and humid. I fucking hate east coast summers.
>>
>>1230073
Are they really that bad though or nah? I’ve been to Miami and the Florida Keys during spring break. Now THAT was hot and humid.
>>
>>1230070
Hot and humid but really nice at nightime
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.