[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Italy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: ah venice.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ah venice.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
Wife is hell-bent on a 2 week Italy trip in July, any recommendations? Gonna be in Rome, Florence and Venice each for 4 days.
>>
It will be too hot and too full of tourists.
>>
lrn2siesta

get up and out early, back the hotel and ac from 1-4 for a nap, then head out in the evening, stay out late, repeat x14
>>
>>1223351
>get up and out early, back the hotel and ac from 1-4 for a nap, then head out in the evening, stay out late, repeat x14

this is the one thing i miss from when i lived in spain
>>
>>1223349
This.

Watch the Rick Steves' videos on YouTube about travel in Italy; there's specific episodes as well as a lecture, IIRC. He's the stoner dad /trv/ wishes we had. (He makes a really good point about Ameritrumps having such short vacations that they rush around trying to do everything and have a miserable time.)

For museums, especially the Vatican museum, book ahead online. You do not want to be waiting outside in the sun for hours. If you wanna see the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, you should book a tour that will get you in and out quickly so, once again, you don't have to wait in the long lines.
>>
>>1223351
>get up and out early, back the hotel and ac from 1-4 for a nap, then head out in the evening, stay out late, repeat x14

We'll give this a shot.

>>1223359
>Watch the Rick Steves' videos on YouTube about travel in Italy; there's specific episodes as well as a lecture, IIRC. He's the stoner dad /trv/ wishes we had. (He makes a really good point about Ameritrumps having such short vacations that they rush around trying to do everything and have a miserable time.)
>For museums, especially the Vatican museum, book ahead online. You do not want to be waiting outside in the sun for hours. If you wanna see the Colosseum and the Roman Forum, you should book a tour that will get you in and out quickly so, once again, you don't have to wait in the long lines.

Hm....Looking to be a little less touristy than this. That's why I came here anon.
>>
>>1223341
If you have to go anywhere during school holidays, then you have to realize if it's worth seeing, it's going to be utterly packed.
It's all worth seeing, it just would be better a different time of year if heat bothers you. Indeed be smart about a hotel with AC, and early bird gets the worm kind of thinking.
>>
>>1223481
Watch the lecture where he explains travel in Italy to ignorant Ameritrumps like you, friend. If you're going to Italy in July, you're a tourist.
>>
>>1223666
>An entire country is total shit for a month

What a shitty country
>>
>>1223341
>recommendations?
divorce
>>
File: fry.jpg (12KB, 228x133px) Image search: [Google]
fry.jpg
12KB, 228x133px
>>1223960
>Some guy on travel thinks OP should divorce a wife who wants to travel.

>Now the list of things I have seen contains everything.
>>
File: italian alps 2011 trip.jpg (50KB, 798x603px) Image search: [Google]
italian alps 2011 trip.jpg
50KB, 798x603px
>>1223341
>Gonna be in Rome, Florence and Venice each for 4 days.

Any possibility of shifting some of this into some time further north and sat higher altitude?

Also, what sort of stuff are you (or she) into?
>>
Anybody have suggestions for traveling to Italy alone as a 22 year old white american maRomeMay stay a week or so.
I was thinking of staying in Rome because if I don't get into anything I will still see the architecture which blows my fucking mind.
>>
>>1224500
>maRomeMay

What this word was supposed to be may be important.

I love Rome for the architecture and history, but if you are looking at the summer time, you might want to consider >>1224119

Or just be ready for the heat/humidity/crowds and enjoy a fine old city.
>>
>>1224506
>>1224500
I meant to say 22 year old american male. Sorry for be a phone posting shitlord.
>>
Whats the cheapest way to travel within rome? I was thinking of going there too and travel to a couple of cities. Do i take the train? Rent a car?
>>
>>1224936
train. they go everywhere there. the people who work the tickets booths all speak english (at least in the big cities). and if there is a language barrier it's nothing pointing at a map and smiling can't overcome.
>>
File: lake como.jpg (767KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
lake como.jpg
767KB, 2048x1152px
>>1224119
>Any possibility of shifting some of this into some time further north and sat higher altitude?

Actually- yes....just convinced her to do 2-3 days at Lake Como. Definitely want to get out of these cities for a little while there.

>Also, what sort of stuff are you (or she) into?

Food, scenery, adventures. I'm really into the outdoors and stuff...fishing, hiking, camping, etc. But doubt I'll get my way with any of those. Welcome to marriage kids.
>>
1-2 days is all you need in Venice. it,s a beutiful city but there really is not that much to do and it's a pretty small town
>>
>>1225021
Almost every big lake in Italy has wonderful sceneries and quaint towns. Check out:
>Lago di Garda
>Lago di Como
>Lago d'Iseo
>Lago d'Orta
>Lago di Lugano
>Lago Maggiore
>Lago di Bolsena
>Lago di Bracciano
>Lago Trasimeno
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.