[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Olympia, WA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: 1488291814239.jpg (172KB, 835x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488291814239.jpg
172KB, 835x1024px
I'm going to be relocating to Olympia, WA in a few months for work.

I hear the area has a really bad issue with vehcile break-ins. I'll be traveling with thousands of dollars in electronics and clothes in my vehcile, what's the best place to stay overnight while apartment hunting?

Tips on traveling with expensive items in your vehicle?

I guess the best option would be to haul everything out of the vehicle and into the hotel room at night.
>>
>>1222448
I live in lacey, about 5 minutes from downtown Olympia. It's really not that bad here. There is a problem with local junkies, so if an area looks sketchy, don't leave your stuff there for too long.
>>
>>1222448
Woo Olympia thread, SPSCC rep it. downtown is busy enough stuff probably won't happen there, but like anon said there are a good number of junkies. just throw a blanket over it if you're worried.

What's bringing you to this foggy little leftist-infested nook?
>>
File: 1487474702764m.jpg (72KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1487474702764m.jpg
72KB, 768x1024px
>>1222748
Job offer with your State government will have me making 20k more over my current State government job where I currently live.

Also the weather where I live is terrible.

>>1222567
What is a good part of Olympia to live? West near the university? South in Tumwater?
>>
What the fuck. Out of all the places in the world. I find some one visiting my tiny ass hometown on this Tibetan Dog Grooming forum.

I'd show you around if I wasn't living abroad in Korea.

Visit any of the parks and forests. If you can the Olympic National Park. It's breathtaking.

I had my shit stolen once but i had nice shit in plain site with some expensive rims. Just don't flaunt it in plain site and keep stuff hidden from easy view.
>>
File: 1487180717418.jpg (111KB, 560x740px) Image search: [Google]
1487180717418.jpg
111KB, 560x740px
>>1222807
I did have a chance to visit the hotspring national park up in mountains west of Olympia a year ago, which is one of the reasons I agreed to take a job there.

I'll be mindful of hiding my possessions.
>>
File: 1487306102440.gif (3MB, 1005x742px) Image search: [Google]
1487306102440.gif
3MB, 1005x742px
>>1222567
I'm looking over the maps. Is Lacey safer/wealthier than Olympia? If you could pick between Lacey, Olympia, or Tumwater with a $2000/month budget for rent, which would you pick and in what area?
>>
>>1222749
Neither. Stay the fuck away from downtown. Eastern is closest to me. Eastern is where it's at. If anything, try to find a place in lacey. Cheap (relatively) apartments, nice neighborhoods, and a short hop away from olympia itself.
>>
>>1223067
Again, lacey by far. Olympia is a liberal shithole with junkies and abandoned buildings. And Tumwater is Tumwater. I haven't heard anything good or bad.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.