[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to AZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: arizona.jpg (438KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arizona.jpg
438KB, 1920x1080px
Sup /trv/

My wife and I are moving to North Scottsdale, Arizona and are wondering what it's like to live there.

Pros & Cons, hidden gems, etc. about the area are appreciated. Thanks!
>>
>>1221111
AZ fag here

Scottsdale is expensive shit but good for tech jobs. Stay away from old scottsdale unless you like older ladies. Mill ave is great but also a great way to regret your ideas of buying ASU chicks shots.

Stay away from apache juntction unless you really want to get laid
>>
OP says he's married.

First response is 3/4 about getting laid.

/trv/
>>
>>1221167
I was thinking the same thing, dying rn. Any who OP...
>>1221111
I'm from San Diego but moved to Phoenix about two years ago or so and absolutely love it here. Food is great, outdoors are great, people are great, everything is great really besides the summers and the traffic. Also the Mexican food just fucking go to Mexico or San Diego it's super shitty here.
>>
Look into Cave Creek. It borders Scottsdale to the north- I like it way more than scottsdale. The good thing about being out here is that a 10 minute drive south gets you into scottsdale- and 10 minutes North and you get towards the edge of the valley at Tonto and the I-17.

If you're into nature Check out Spur cross- It's in old downtown cave creek and it's an amazing recreational area with mountains, indian ruins, and petroglyphs. The whole New river area is great along with Tonto in the seven springs area.
>>
File: I dunno.jpg (18KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
I dunno.jpg
18KB, 500x327px
Do you like guns? We've got guns.
>>
>>1221200
I really can't wait for the weather. Moving from Detroit. Thanks for the heads up not to waste my time on any Mexican places.
>>1221202
Sounds like a dream, thanks for the recommendation.

We're planning a short trip to check out the area before making our move. What are your 3 least favorite/most favorite things about AZ, or places in AZ (or whatever comes to mind), etc.? Can be anything, be specific!

I have 3 dogs and am wondering if there are fun things to do for them?

What good museums/science centers/etc are there, and which ones should we skip?

I'm a big fan of metal, so any metal venues I should know about, which ones to stay away from, etc, would be nice. Also, what the 'scene' is comprised of mostly?
>>
B
U
M
P
>>
>>1221389
There are a lot of great opportunities in the Phoenix area for outdoor activities. You'll be right next door to Tonto National Forest and nice mountains. There's also very nice stuff within a couple hours' drive up around Flagstaff and down around Tucson. I've seen lots of people take their dogs out on the trails--plenty of neat smells for them to smell out there. Keep them on a short leash though--you don't want them running through thorns or going after a rattlesnake.

Spring weather is awesome and winter doesn't exist compared to what you're used to in Detroit. Summer will be brutal for you though. Keep your dogs indoors during the day and make sure they have plenty of water. Too many people move in from out of state and have no clue how to deal with the July days where it hits 115 degrees. During late summer I limit most of my activity to early morning and evening.

I'm way more familiar with Tucson and the southeast corner of the state than I am around Phoenix and I'm more into hiking and camping then I am museums and concerts, so I can't be too specific on recommendations.
>>
Sedona bro here

Northern AZ is best AZ.

Pic related: my backyard
>>
>>1222212
Awesome, thanks for all the detailed info! What you are saying about the weather makes me feel like we will treat those couple hot summer months as we treat our brutal winters here - by staying inside, for the most part ha.

>>1222228
Looks like actual paradise. Can't wait for this to be our every day as opposed to Detroit's gray strip mall scenery.
>>
BUMP again...

Favorite restaurants? Cities/areas which are objectively shit? I want some more local details, help us out!
>>
>>1221111
North Scottsdale is expensive and full of snotty assholes. Prepare to be inundated by faggot BMW drivers who always make sure to tell you the specific street they live on if it's a famously expensive one

The only malls in the area are Kierland Commons (sp?). It's pretty shit. Can drive down to the old town Scottsdale area for Fashion Square which is decently okay desu I like that area but I grew up there and went a lot so I'm biased maybe. But there's a decent amount to do. Then again I'm boring and just enjoy walking around not spending money

Can drive up north to Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff - nice areas. Make sure to go to the nature parks whatever theyre all called, there's like Phoenix Mountains or some shit. And Papago Park in Tempe
>>
>>1222982
Some are saying we're becoming a pizza capital, lots to choose from there. I like Flo's Chinese, you'll find a few in N Scottsdale. Kierland Commons is good, open air new type mall. Also next to Scottsdale Quarter where I work. If you like Spicy, Dos Molinos is spicy. Look for episodes of Check Please Arizona! Has local places all over the valley. You'll have to try it yourself. Oh, I love the Asian area in Chandler, look for China Magic Noodle House, Lee Lee's market is interesting. Excellent AYCE sushi nearby as well.

I'd avoid South PHX(Baseline) and just about anything around central I-17. AJ may seem scary, but is more like Albuquerque.
>>
Hey /trv/ me and a couple of buddies are going to travel to AZ for the first time we are staying in Flagstaff. We mainly plan on visiting the Grand Canyon but what else is there to do or visit in that area???
>>
>>1222982
Joes Farm Grill in Gilbert
>>
>>1225350
Stay North for a summer trip. About an hour East of Flagstaff a meteor fell who knows how long ago. Because of the rare wind and rain, the crater is one of the best preserved on Earth. Look up Meteor Crater. Near Flagstaff, look up lava tubes, underground tunnels carved by lava flows you can enter, bring a jacket. You can visit Lowell Observatory where Pluto was discovered. Sunset Crater can be hiked, all of Flagstaff is essentially a dormant volcano chain. About half an hour South on the 17 is Sedona, a must see.
>>
>>1221111
>>1222228
Sedona is God's land. Make Sedina and Jerome two of your must visit destinations. Williams is also a neat place to stop to/from the Grand Canyon.

> WA-AZ-WA-AZ-WAbro here; still own my house in AZ

If the job market didn't suck ass down there I'd still be living there. COL is cheap AF, but most employers know you're a dime a dozen, unless your position is very specialized.

DT Phoenix isnt much of a true downtown, so everything is typically located in a neighboring town. People identify locations by streets, so be prepared for that too.

San Tan Brewery, Chino Bandido, Breakfast Club, Chompie's, Filiberto's, and Four Peaks are all legit AZ For Beginners spots.
>>
>>1221111
Arizona is dry as fuck. If you can't take the heat you're going to fucking die. And there's sand and sand. Grand Canyon is dope as a tourist location though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.