[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone interested in travelling to Mongolia aka middle of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 1411856327712.jpg (102KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
1411856327712.jpg
102KB, 498x750px
Is anyone interested in travelling to Mongolia aka middle of nowhere?
If yes I can provide information,accommodation n shit
>>
>>1219761
Are you a local? I've already been there, but might have some questions if you are
>>
>>1219761
I would be interested when I finish my army service
>>
>>1219761
interested, how possible is hiking along one of the northern rivers, getting food from locals. What are the best places to hike, maybe long distance
>>
>>1219829
not OP, but I hitchhiked through the whole country. There wasn't a single place where locals wouldn't invite me to their yurta and offer the food. If I set a tent for the night, in the morning somebody would come and invite me for a breakfast.

And it was actually very hard to find a place that's *not* beautiful. Areas with some water seem to be nicer, so you have a good idea of going by the river. Any road that's not designated as the biggest possible (red) is in fact mostly unused and shows where the people live.
>>
>>1219761
is this an invitation to your home or an informational thread?
>>
there is an army of zombie alcholics living in the sewers.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/going-underground-with-the-drunks-in-ulan-bator-with-mikel-aristregi
>>
>>1219865
wow.
Thanks for the info. Although I'd say they are simply homeless, nothing more. Their problem is they ar stuck in fucking Mogolia, where there is almost no society to live on their thrash.
>>
>>1219761
I am planning to visit Mongolia in about 2 years when I'll be taking the Transsiberian back from Beijing to Yurop via Ulaanbaatar

What is the Capital like? Any Must Sees in the City or Contryside.

So far I am only planing to see the Market and the Giant Genghis Khaan Statue at Tsonjin
>>
>>1219992
The capital is the only place *not* worth seeing in Mongolia. just another big boring city.
>>
>>1219997
Yeah I guess so. But I kinda like those rundown Siberian Like Cities in the Middle of Nowhere.

What things are worth seeing in your opinion?
>>
>>1219999
That place isn't in Russia, and obviously not in Syberia. I wouldn't call it rundown to be honest, it differs a great deal from what I've seen in Irkuck for example. Just pretty boring and feeding of tourists. There were people literaly fighting with each other to be first to *help* me (for money in return, of course). And I had just my old, torn backpack on my back.
So U-B is quite normal. Suburbs may look pretty bad, center is reasonably clean, safe and modern enough for the people not to be ashamed of it.

And what is worth seeing? Well, everything. The countryside is beautiful. I thought this would be boring, but it was just the opposite. For 3 weeks I couldn't get enough of the views. I was hitchhiking and avoiding tourist atractions. I was just meeting locals, seeing the nature and walking in the middle of yak hordes.
So I guess nothing of it interests you (I mean, great majority of people on the board seems to like what I find boring and vice versa).
I mean - they have two things worth experiencing - nature and culture. And neither can be seen near the tourist atractions.
>>
What is the food like? Would there be any difficulty for someone accustomed to western cuisine in enjoying things like milk vodka?
>>
>>1220005
Actually I am also more interested in experiencing the landscape and how the poeple live authentically in their own land. But I am also a sucker for history and visiting ancient temples and monuments like that. Preferably the ones that are lesser known and not commercialized but I don't really care if it's touristy or not as long as it's interesting. I was just wondering what sights of this nature there are.
>>
>>1220044
Not much to enjoy if you ask me, but very interesting taste nonetheless. you can drink it as if it was water.
While we're there - they have a specific ritual of drinking: There is one server and they pour the alcohol to a single cup. Then they give the cup to a person, the person drinks as much as they want. Then the person gives the cup back and the server fills it again and gives to another person.

The rest of the cuisine is all-right, unless you're vegetarian. Expect the meat will require you to actually chew it, even in some restaurant. I guess some delicate flower of a person could have some problem with that.

Try the yak butter. The best thing there is.

>>1220045
In that case You'll be pleased.
I've seen much, but there are two places especially worth mentioning:
There was some nice, riuned ancient city (~2000 years old). In the museum they had literally a couple of sticks, animal bones and photos of other places around. Not much to see, but I liked it. It was straight north from Karakorum (not more than 100 km, less I guess)

Then I went a bit to the west and took the road from Tsetserleg to Bayahongor (they use the very same names for places countless times. I'm speaking of the big(gest) ones). It was the most beautiful road I have ever taken in my life. 200km of awesome. A big part I had to walk, for the other I finally managed to get a ride (despite that on a map it seems to be a medium size road, there is on the average one or two cars per 24 hours)
So I would suggest simply getting lost. I believe that places with streams or tiny rivers are the best..

Also, go to the Huvsgul Lake. the western side is tourist-ridden, but the eastern side is wild. The lake is cleaner even that Baykal.
>>
How's the language?
Is english good or do you have to go local?
>>
>>1219761
Yes

Denmarkian here

I've had an urge to visit Mongolia for the past 2 years.

I've seen some movies and visited a Yurt when I was younger (in Denmark)

I recon I could raise money and vacation time in late June/early July

How much would accomodation cost, or would I get a better experience Hitchhiking the country (would it help to know basic Chinese/Russian?)
>>
>>1220100
All the young people leran english. They don't speak too well, as can be expeced from somebody who have never seen an englishman in their lives, but you'll be able to communicate just fine.
The old people know russian.
With the rest you can easily converse via using your hand gestures. Guys are intelligent and willing to communicate.

>>1220144
a tent is just fine, but be careful. In the middle of July there was snowfall when I was there 2 years ago. (it was in the "mountains", west of Moron (the big one under the Huvsgul lake).

Staying in one place seems pointless there, so tent is even more recommended.
One time I got soaking wet and neared hypothermia, so I found a gostinnica (like a proto-hostel) in some middle-of-nowhere village. Two people, two nights, three meals costed us 20-30USD in all.

Nobody will speak chinese. They hate chinese.

Also, OP is a massive faggot for creating the thread and not responding even once since
>>
File: Download.png (8KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
8KB, 189x267px
>>1220180
>OP is a massive faggot for creating the thread and not responding even once since
>>
>>1220180
>>1220615
there's been some new mongol posters, it's a lot to take in for them and if they don't know to wait 4 hours for a reply when they get 5 rares in ten minutes on boards with flags, so be it
>>
>>1220617
rare!
>>
>>1220617
no there is isn't as the mongolian government blocked 4chan..
>>
>>1221700
Since when?
>>
>>1219761
Best lover of my entire life: a fat Mongolian girl
>>
>>1219839
did you speak the language to some extend?
>>
>>1222139
nah. Only fine english and communicative russian. Those guys can say anything using their hands anyway.
>>
>>1222067
I heard Mongolians attack you for talking to their women?
>>
I've wondered for a while if it would be possible to move to Mongolia for maybe a month and stay with some of the eagle trainers that live in the mountains. Has anybody here done that or know someone that has?
>>
>>1222150
I would believe that. Good thing I never talked about their women with men.

We met and she flirted with me and I let her know I was interested.
>>
>>1219761
Who's the girl, and where has the picture been taken ? Paris ?
>>
>>1222570
Greentext?
>>
>>1222570
Not that I know all the mongolians, but the ones I met wanted to trade their women for my gf.
>>
>>1222601
I'm guessing this thread will be here for a while, maybe I'll post it later
>>1222675
>they wanted to trade for my gf
Is she white? If so that also sounds likely, but I wouldn't know because I've never traveled with a gf.
>>
>>1222682
yeah, white. They were joking about it, but I don't knowwhat would happen if I agreed then. Especially since one of them was handsy with her (but was also two heads higher than me and had eight brothers, so there wasn't much I could do about it).
>>
>>1222688
>They were joking about it, but I don't knowwhat would happen if I agreed then.

Yeah, that's how it works. You "joke" about it to test their interest. And become more serious based on their response. That's kind of how flirting works too, with American girls at least. Everything has to be funny.
>>
>>1219761
Genghis Khan statues are cool, but otherwise, it's just plains and mountains
If you're interested in that you're better off going to the rocky mountains where they actually speak English
>>
>>1223157
I mean I can get the fascination with Mongolia
it feels like this place that is very low key, and exotic because it's on the other side of the world
it being peaceful and empty sounds lovely
but it's just plains
>>
Oh shit lmao I forgot I created this thread
Yea I'm a local,will answer all the questions now
>>
File: 1411771233842.jpg (70KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
1411771233842.jpg
70KB, 500x680px
>>1220144
Basic English and a little bit of Russian is usually enough.
Since you're Danks Javel you can crash at my place for [spoiler]free[/spoiler]
>>
What about the wildlife in mongolia, are there any dangerous animals when you are just traveling alone through the countryside?
>>
File: 1442108766969s.jpg (5KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
1442108766969s.jpg
5KB, 187x250px
>>1223742
The obvious ones like wolves and bears in the forests and some falcons in the mountains
But I never heard of wildlife attacking people in countryside so you are safe
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.