[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romania, Greece, or Other?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: ilieni-dinu-lazar.jpg (403KB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
ilieni-dinu-lazar.jpg
403KB, 940x400px
I'm looking to hop around like a madman over the month of March, as I have free time before I start a new job. Flying from Washington, D.C. Romania and Greece are cheap, but I know nothing about the locations beyond that they are affordable.

Any thoughts on which (Romania vs. Greece) might be better to go to for a trip? Anywhere else I should consider going? Money isn't a HUGE concern, but I'd prefer not blowing too much money. I'm a single guy, very athletic, just spent two weeks in Asia (Thailand/Korea/HK/China/Japan) and some other random locations (Iceland/Cuba), so I'm looking to do something a bit unusua. I'm definitely open to trying other places. I'd definitely like a place where I could meet cool people and see cool shit.
>>
File: P8164171.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
P8164171.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1218898
Can't comment on Greece, but Romania's not bad at all. Lots of nature and wildlife, lots of culture (check the Siebenbürgen) and certainly cheap. Bucarest or Cluj are party spots. Public transport is pretty functional as well, but it may be recommendable to book bus tickets in advance as busses fill up eventually - easily done online usually. Train tickets are cheaper the more in advance you book them. Excellent hiking trails with world class waymarking and lots of cabanas aka manned huts. Don't forget the country is quite big, so it takes some time to get around. Internal flights exist.

Random pic in the Făgăraș, Podragu to be precise.
>>
What are you into? I've not been to Romania but Greece has it all.

Obviously it has incredible history if you're into that. Athens, Delphi, Sparta etc.

It has some of the best beaches in the world. Just pick an island really but Skiathos, Ios & Crete are my favourite.

Stunning scenery. Meteora and Santorini should be bucket list entries for everyone.

Amazing hikes. Samothrace, Valia Kalda, Vikos gorge, Zagorochoria, Hydra.

Great summer nightlife. Don't go to Mykonos though, stupidly overpriced.

Super friendly people. Don't be put off by recent events, people still want you to come and it's still got an amazing vibe. Just perhaps avoid the islands near Turkey.

I've lived in Greece for 7 years and seen a lot of it, please feel free to ask about any of it.
>>
>>1218898
I would make Braşov a base for a few days if I were you. Nice mountains, chill clubs, good food, cheap af.
Fogaras also cool.

If you end up having extra time left, better drop by to Sarajevo and/or Mostar, rich history, some more nice mountains.
But I mean, Romania and Greece have enough to do for a lifetime.
>>
File: Emilys Iphone 1394.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Emilys Iphone 1394.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1219051
second this. spent 4 days in brasov in november just gone and really liked it. lots of history and places you can day trip to. nice walks in the hills or skiing further up the valley. cool bars and great food. absurdly cheap (im australian) you can train there from bucharest, and stop in Sinaia to see the last kings palace abd base for hiking or skiing trips.
Sighisoara and generally the fortified churches in the plains between Sibiu and Brasov are pretty cool but you really need a vehicle to check them out. further West of Sibiu theres some Dacian settlement ruins in the forest (Dacians were a society overtake by the romans).

as others have said the further in advance you book internal flights/trains/buses the cheaper they are. public transport in romania exists but is slow.

i've heard Timisoara is nice, Cluj is a uni town with not much prettiness.

pic related. fucking slab of meat in local lunch spot in brasov, it and large beer and side cost me probably 10-15$ AUD

after we left romania we flew to Greece, which we also absolutely loved but only spent a few days in athens and mykonos so cant really comment with any authority. Both are great choices IMO.
March might be a bit cold for Romania (if that puts you off)
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.