[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone spent a month in the summer here? Is it possible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 26HAMPTONS-articleLarge.jpg (134KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
26HAMPTONS-articleLarge.jpg
134KB, 600x563px
Has anyone spent a month in the summer here?

Is it possible to make it a good trip without being from money, not knowing anyone, and going alone lol?

I'm white if that helps.
>>
>>1218670
>wanting to visit the hamptons
>not having money
>not knowing anyone
>going alone

sorry bro, some places weren't meant for you, unless you bring a supermodel, you will have an okay time, plus most of the people are assholes and will 100% look down on you for not being rich

would not recommend wasting your time on this place
>>
Plus, to be honest, the Hamptons aren't even really that nice.

They were a summer destination for the rich before air travel was practical and only stayed that way because Old Money hates change.
>>
>>1218712
It'll really be that bad?

usually when I travel alone I just read a book on the beach. I figured at least there might be interesting people around

Any other opinions? I don't want to cancel the trip just yet : S
>>
Fuck the Hamptons. Hampton Bays, maybe, where there is somewhat of a bearable crowd, but anywhere else, good luck. Need to have a serious budget.

I'd say check out Montauk. You don't necessarily need a month there, though. If you have a car, however, drive west, hop on a ferry and spend some time on Fire Island. You can also do this by the LIRR, granted it will be a long ass trip. If you're really set on a month, check out other areas like Block Island or Sag Harbor. Think about checking out the vineyards in the North Fork, too.
>>
>>1219022
thanks.

I was also considering spending some time on the other side of the long island sound, might be cheaper/more friendly, to make it a month
>>
>>1219109
Definitely. The North Fork is much less populated and quieter, if you're into that. Really consider Fire Island, too, especially if you want somewhat of a night life. Just be ready not to have a vehicle, there is no driving on Fire Island.
>>
>>1219398
cool! going alone, is there any tips to get in with the locals,

frankly im curious about the old money american types around this part of the world. I'm Canadian, and they are such a curiosity of mine lol
>>
>>1218670
Try Cape Cod instead.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.