[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philadelphia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Heading to Philly in just over two weeks. I'll be there over St. Patrick's Day, from the 15th-19th.

What should I see and do with limited time? Mainly interested in bars and food, with a little focus on sightseeing and such.
>>
>>1218583
Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, regional foods are regional foods because the region does it best. Theres more to just the simple recipes you see on the internet.

Joe's is best cheesesteak in the city. Jim's is 2nd best. Pat's and Geno's are rip offs.
>>
>>1218608
What he said. A good grab is jimmy G's too if youre on north broad but, you really shouldnt go to north broad for too many reasons.

The area around the art museum is pretty cash especially if you like running and statues, they're all over the place. south broad is good for shows and performances, lot of really good food stops/businesses up girard into fishtown/northern liberties. Ortliebs is a pretty cool bar with live music also in the area, silk city if you want a more old school theme. VisitPhilly.com will actually have a lot of what youre looking for. don't try saying 'jawn' we'll know you're not from here. but have fun anon
>>
Be sure that check out Woody's. Great hangout.
>>
Definitely check out the reading terminal market. Get a roast pork sandwich with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone at denics or a pastrami sandwich and herschels. Get some Amish food for dessert.
>>
Bumping for interest

I'm going to be driving from Toronto area to Philadelphia at the beginning of April. Are there any good scenic routes I could take through Pennsylvania/New York?
>>
>>1219550

oh god that roast pork
I live in NYC and I've made the trip down just for that.
Eastern State Penitentiary is cool too.
>>
>>1219919
You can head south from Buffalo thru Elmira then take 15 down to I80 to I476 NE EXT of PA Turnpike if you want something scenic otherwise take I90 to I81. Old City Philly is cool to take in along with Penn's Landing
>>
>>1218583

Philly is paradise if you like dive bars. A lot of places are cash-only so keep a few twenties on you.

>Doc's, Oscar's, Woody's, Doobies, Tavern, Bob and Barbara's

Tourist bullshit - supposedly the museum/arts scene is REALLY good although i never did more than walking the gallery districts (centered roughly around 2nd/3rd and Arch)

If stuff is already blooming the squares and parks (Rittenhouse, Washington, Franklin, Harbor) will be worth an extended look if you're already walking through them. Kelly Drive behind the Art Museum is v pretty as well.

You can also drinkhard around Fishtown. As far as food, you've already gotten good cheesesteak advice - generally just trust Yelp and you should be fine
>>
>>1219504
Woody's is a gay bar, but it's absolutely an awesome time.
>>
>>1220541
Sweet, thanks for the info. Google says the 15/I80/I476 route takes about the same length of time as the I90/I81 so I'll definitely check it out.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.