[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monthly USA Eclipse Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: Eclipse2017_USA.png (2MB, 1000x771px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse2017_USA.png
2MB, 1000x771px
Who is making the trip to the line of totality on August 21st?

I've been reading about weather prospects and the western states have the best chance of clear skies, there's a festival in Madras, Oregon. But personally I'm going with Missouri, there is a nig viewing event in St Josephs, MO and one at the football stadium at the University of Missouri in Columbia.

Bit worried though because I'm flying in from the UK and don't drive so I'm kind of screwed if the weather is unfavourable.

Going to take a greyhound/amtrak trip around the midwest for a couple of weeks afterwards, I am aiming to have all 50 states visited by 2020 (I am on 31 currently)
>>
>>1217850
>Going to take a greyhound/amtrak trip around the midwest for a couple of weeks afterwards
If you can, get a rental car and drive through the sand hills in Nebraska. There's an official scenic route and everything, from Grand Island to Alliance. It'll spit you out in southwest South Dakota, and from there, you can see the Black Hills and maybe go to Mt. Rushmore, if you'd like. Heading back east is the Badlands National Park, not far from Rapid City.

What states haven't you been to? Are you interested in seeing nature, historical sites, cities, or checking out rural America? I can give you more recommendations from there.

t. Midwesterner who's traveled my home region fairly extensively.

P.S. St. Jo kinda sucks, so don't get your expectations too high. It's got a weird ass boot store, though.
>>
File: 31states.jpg (100KB, 612x386px) Image search: [Google]
31states.jpg
100KB, 612x386px
>>1217854

I've been to Badlands and Rushmore. Badlands was gorgeous, watched the sunrise there in total solitude.

>What states haven't you been to? Are you interested in seeing nature, historical sites, cities, or checking out rural America?

Attached my map. This is a bit of a non-answer but I really like a bit of everything. Zion NP was probably my favourite national park, I loved Glacier NP, Yosemite and Yellowstone go without saying, but I had fun in small towns like Bozeman, MT, and Telluride, CO was very comfy. I liked San Fran, Austin, Key West, Chicago, New Orleans etc. LA was the only major city I wouldn't bother visiting again.

I'll probably do the 6 central states on this trip, and possibly fly home from detroit. I'll do Boston and the new england states next year, The rest I don't know but I'll save Hawaii for last.

>P.S. St. Jo kinda sucks,

Well I'm not that worried about that, I'm there for the eclipse primarily so as I'm fine as long I have a place to sleep eat and shit. I will be in either Columbia, St Jo or Jefferson City, or if the weather looks bad I'll have a contingency to head to the south of St Louis or north of Kansas City. I will be frothing with rage if Missouri is overcast when I could have gone to Idaho or Oregon, but at least there's another one in 2024.....
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.