[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best data roaming plan for Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: iphone_nerd_ss.jpg (20KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
iphone_nerd_ss.jpg
20KB, 300x225px
I'm doing my first solo travel and my first Eurotrip as well so I'm kind being a pussy, afraid not having internet for helping me out during the trip. What's the best data roaming plan across UE? My first stop will be in London , where's the best place to buy it? Thanks for your attention
>>
Google fi
>>
I'm interested in this too. Don't really need calls/text, just looking for affordable data
>>
Hey OP, just got stationed in Europe in the U.K. for the USAF. As soon as we got on base we were told we should get a provider called 3, because it works pretty much anywhere in the U.K. (compared to other popular ones that only work in the cities which is crazy) and it gets GPS in the rest of Europe because we're encouraged to travel. I got the unlimited plan because I don't trust public wifi.
>>
>>1212424
But how does it fare across Europe?
I'd guess there are some providers that offer a Europe-wide plan or something like that?
Or is the best option to change providers in every country I go?
If I were to backpack through Europe and stay in one country for like, one week, would it be better to just rely on public wifi?
>>
>>1212424
Literally every phone gets gps everywhere.
>>
>>1212424
Thanks mate, will look into that
>>
Any reason you dont want to just buy a sim cards?
>>
>>1211812
Roaming charges are being banned entirely from the beginning of June this year, so if you're going after that just buy whichever one month sim gives you the most bang for your buck. If going before just make sure you check up what the charges are, this is up to date for now but may change

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/104432-best-roaming-plans-which-is-the-cheapest-network-for-eu-and-abroad

>>1212424
You got lied to Tbh, Out of the 4 big networks across the whole UK Three ranks 3rd for 4g and 2nd for 3g and 4th overall when the 2 are combined. They are generally cheaper for data (or at least they used to be, not so much anymore) and have free roaming all over Europe though, so they are who I use.

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone-providers/article/mobile-phone-coverage-map
>>
>>1211812
have you checked the travel flatrates your current provider offers? Would do that first, so you can compare and see if buying multiple sim-cards is worth the hassle.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.