[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here been to cyprus? Going there in two weeks. As a new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Cyprus-topographic_map-en.svg.png (40KB, 220x178px) Image search: [Google]
Cyprus-topographic_map-en.svg.png
40KB, 220x178px
Anyone here been to cyprus?
Going there in two weeks.
As a new zealander how easy will it be to travel to turkish side as well?
Also whats there to do. I just stsrted looking at it and itnfucking looks amazing
>>
>>1211713
HELLO AM CYPRIOT ASK ME ANYTHING

>tfw someone mentions your country
>>
>>1211713
>>1211939
As a Cypriot or an EU citizen you only need an ID to cross.
For Non-EU people I heard you only need a passport.

In what cities will you be?
>>
>>1211939
Which Cypriot? Turkish or Non-Turkish? Or perhaps are you British Oversea Territory Cypriot?
>>
File: nissi-beach.jpg (178KB, 900x465px) Image search: [Google]
nissi-beach.jpg
178KB, 900x465px
Dumping some home country pics
>>
>>1211943
Greek Cypriot, non Turkish
>>
>>1211946
Ah. So that little trouble with your country being split into two gonna be sorted out soon? I doubt it'd have turned out like this if it remained part of UK but you liked making shed Sten Guns too much.
>>
>>1211948
Well in the recent 6 months it has come very close to a referendum, we are hoping for the best.
>doubt it'd have turned out like this if it remained part of UK
Yea but even without a revolution I believe the Brits would have left, like they did in Malta and basically every colony.
>>
>>1211949
Malta was a bit of a dodgy vote thing. They need 60% vote and got 59.4% or something and didn't recount. Americans fault, though you're probably right.

Glad it's getting sorted out. Should just be returned to Cyprus intact like the UK left it. But it probably won't be, sadly.
>>
File: ayia napa.png (394KB, 549x296px) Image search: [Google]
ayia napa.png
394KB, 549x296px
Ta da.
>>
File: IMG-20151201-00543.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151201-00543.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
Also I think one of the coolest things to do is go to the Border Guards in Nicosia and talk to them.
In Nicosia almost every guard will speak decent English.
It is like a miniature North-South Korea situation.
Many tourists ask for the soldiers for their opinions.

You may be in shock about the i-don't-give-a-fuck-attitude-about-the-confict attitude of the guards.
They are just 17-19 year olds waiting to finish their conscription and go to uni.

Some might be reluctant to speak out as it isn't exactly encouraged.
>>
what's the most common tourist to cyprus? I heard a lot of russians go there, and they tend to be bad in groups

is there much of an off season? things less busy/bit cheaper in say April or October?

for a backpack type trip, how much after airfare would you budget for a month, $1000-1500 USD? From what I can tell food is expensive that has to be brought in, but accommodation can be done pretty cheap
>>
>>1211972
>what's the most common tourist to cyprus?
Russians and Brits.
>is there much of an off season?
Yes definitely. Hotspots like ayia napa are dead in the winter. I believe the best time to visit tho is mid-late spring, when the heat isn't as much and the herbs of tourists haven't flocked in

My thoughts on backpacking Cyprus;
Cyprus is mainly a leisure/eating/luxury destination. In the summer it is very hot. There aren't many sights of a very large WOW factor, like the Duomo in Milan or Eiffel Towers.
I do recommend going day trips to Nicosia and the north and the mountains (which are pretty high btw) but other than that, if I were to backback, I'd stay in a 5-star top quality hotel like Amathus in Limassol.
You can't live here for a month on 1000 US dollars. The prices (in the Greek side) are typical Mediterranean tier.
The tourist traps regarding food are huge; I've seen them sell 4 slices of hallumi for 10 euros to unsuspecting tourists.
However I know a lot of cheap quality eateries, places that aren't even on tripadvisor.
>>
>>1211985
>if I were to backback, I'd stay in a 5-star top quality hotel like Amathus in Limassol.
AKA i wouldn't backpack at all.
>>
>>1211713
Non Cyproit, Turkish guy here. You should spend most of your time on Greek part. There are a few places for sightseeing on Turkish side, but other than that it is shit. So yeah better stay at Greek side. Even as a Turk, I prefer Greek side of island.
>>
Isn't Cyprus like a really boring country?
>>
>>1212190
This
>>1212250
Depends on what you want to do.
I wouldn't say it is boring, what makes you think that?
>>
>>1212260
It's just what I heard about it. My relatives visited it a couple years ago and they didn't really like the trip to Cyprus all that much
>>
Hire a car in Paphos and drive into the mountains in the interior
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.