[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scotland

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2017-02-06-14-54-15~2.png (738KB, 1080x704px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-06-14-54-15~2.png
738KB, 1080x704px
Anybody here living/travelled around Scotland? I've met a girl that lives near the borders (wish it was the highlands) and I'm thinking of moving up there for a bit. I live down in Devon, which I'm itching to get out of.
>>
>>1211189
spend a bit of time in edinburgh/glasgow for work, both great cities. As an Englishman you can have trouble getting into clubs/bars in Glasgow especially if you are in a group of more than two, they tend to worry that the locals won't like your accent (don't worry you will have no trouble, locals are friendly and the girls always do themselves up and look nice)
>>
>>1211189

Go to the Western Highlands with her. Specifically Lochaber region.
>>
Lived in Inverness. Miserable cunt of a place, zero art scene, food is atrocious, no-one has any imagination. On the plus side, the surrounds are stunning.
>>
File: IMG927.jpg (339KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG927.jpg
339KB, 600x800px
40yo Canadafag hoping to make a pilgrimage to the Highlands next year. Any concerns about someone touring the countryside on a bike for a month? Can you just set up a tent anywhere out of sight? How about hostels? Have some hill climbing planned (Ben Nevis etc). Eventually routing thru Isle of Islay where my grandmother is from, Skye, and Outer Hebrides. Grandmother encouraged me to travel up to the Faroes too. Hoping to time visit to see Highland games and piping competitions in Ediburgh.
>>
>>1211373
I'm from Aberdeen and would say the same about my city. Unsurprisingly I don't live there any more.

Edinburgh and Glasgow are nice if you can deal with the cold. I'd go mad living up in the Highlands, but if you like isolation and the outdoors then it could be for you. It is really remote up there though and rural Scotland is very different from rural England.
>>
Also from Inverness and it's shit
>>
Went to the Inverness highland games while travelling through Scotland and it was definitely one of the highlights of the trip.
Didn't really see much of the actual city but it didn't seem like anything special
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.