[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time traveler here. Im planning a trip to the Netherlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: flag_NL.gif (793B, 329x217px) Image search: [Google]
flag_NL.gif
793B, 329x217px
First time traveler here. Im planning a trip to the Netherlands in the next few weeks and am having some difficulty with the measurement requirements for luggage. Most of the sets I have found online are noticeably bigger, dont have exact measurements listed, or are basically a guessing game due to the size of wheels not being factored into the listed measurements. I was wondering how much of a meme the requirements actually are. Do airports frequently measure the bags? If they are .5 over the limit is this usually an issue? Because that seems to be happening a lot when i calculate the measurements of bags i find. I need a carry on and a check in bag. Preferably a set and preferably under $300. Any advice or links to bags are appreciated.
>>
For handheld bags, some airlines have a little box that your bag should fit.
If you check-in online, you should be able to get away with a bigger/heavier than the limit bag.
No clue about checked bags because it's been ages since I last checked a bag.
>>
>>1210943
Thanks for replying. Not sure what you mean by checking in online. Is that a thing? Im new to travelling in general so im just now getting accustomed to how this all works.
>>
>>1210948
Online check-in is exactly that, you do the check-in process on the airline's website.
By doing this, you avoid lines in the airport and can arrive a bit later than the usual 3 hours for international flight.
Great if you're traveling only with a carry-on bag because you can skip the desk altogether, where they do the measuring of the baggage and all that. Doesn't mean it's a free pass to board with an oversized bag because they can and will ask you to measure/weigh your carry-on bag if they deem it's too big (and if it turns out to be above the limit, you'll have to check the bag too).
If you have to check a bag, you can probably still do the check-in online, but you'll have to take the line anyway to do the actual dispatching.
For checked bags, I'd guess they're more lenient in terms of size, not so much for weigh.
>>
>>1211018
Alright good to know. Thanks again.
>>
>>1211018
many airports there are special luggage drop of points if you are already checked in. at schiphol, at least when I lived in Amsterdam, you could drop of your luggage by yourself. so checking in online, and printing boarding card at the airport if possible, is the way to go.
>>
>>1210936
why btw is it so difficult fo find a bag? a carry on bag?
>>
My husband and I did carry on bags only for our last trip. We found two sturdy backpacks (standard size) and I carried a gym bag with the rest of our items. The gym bag was about 18"x12" (inches) and about 10" tall. Our backpacks were slightly smaller. Most of the time, airlines are okay with your bag if it can fit under the seat of the chair in front of you.
>>
>>1211162
Don't you have to get the sticker for you bag so it can go to the correct airplane? I thought they only gave those in the check-in counter.
>>
>>1211961
nope it's printed in a machine, the same machine where you (or at least I) print the boarding card. but I mean if you or anyone else is unsure what to do just ask someone or go to the counter.
>>
>>1211908
yeah one carry on bag and an additional bag like a handbag or something. but DON'T count on this, some (like ryanair) only allows ONE item.
>>
>>1210936
Netherlands here.
If your luggage doesn't have the right weight, you'l have to pay for it, but you can carry an handheld bag to reduce this weight.
>>
>>1210936
You're only going for a couple of weeks, if you pack somewhat light l'm sure you can fit all your luggage in one medium sized backpack.

Depending on where you're staying you can do one or two quick washes. Going to save you quite a bit on a set of suitcases.
>>
File: 57298w04.png (149KB, 373x466px) Image search: [Google]
57298w04.png
149KB, 373x466px
>>1210936

When's the best time of year to visit netherlands?

What are some must things to do there?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.