[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some basic, seriously helpful advice. Used to travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: flight-booking_2719596b.jpg (82KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
flight-booking_2719596b.jpg
82KB, 620x387px
Looking for some basic, seriously helpful advice. Used to travel a lot back in the 70s and 80s, but honestly have only flown once post-9/11, and someone else made the arrangements for me as a gift. These days, there are obviously tons of online sites to book your own flights, etc. My questions are: (A) is there any one site, or a list of sites, that are dependable/honest/safe, and (B) what kind of things do I need to look out for/focus on? Nothing fancy, just looking to book a round-trip flight within the US (Grand Rapids, MI to Charleston, SC in April). So basically, just looking for noob-type tutorial/advice/info/input.
>>
>>1210705
Why are you on this site grandpa? Use google flights
>>
>>1210708
Yeah, thanks, about what if expect if I'd posted this on /b/, was hoping maybe /trv/ would be a cut above your level of idiocy. My bad.
>>
Travelocity and priceline.com are good sites. Very straight foward. Just input basic info and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
>>
>>1210705
I always use kayak.com
Simple interface
>>
>>1210705
1. read the sticky
2. It suggests that you use one of the sites like skyscanner or kayak
3. book your flight directly from airlines (you don't want to deal with resellers that charge a $300 service fee or scam you completely) also you probably don't want to fly with a super budget carrier like spirit as they're fucked up.
4. if you need a hotel it's hotels.com or priceline
5. do the online check-in 1 day prior to your flight and bring your smartphone with the scannable QR code to get on your flight
6. what ever get drunk and enjoy your trip
>>
>>1210714
>>1210721
>>1210729
Thank you for these helpful responses!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.