[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Taiwan/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: taiwan.jpg (153KB, 1024x560px) Image search: [Google]
taiwan.jpg
153KB, 1024x560px
I'm looking for options for countries to visit this upcoming summer and one of the most intriguing options to me is Taiwan. I don't know really much about the country yet, but the scenery seems great, the food seems delicious and the people of Taiwan seem extremely friendly. To me it is probably the most interesting option for a vacation this summer. The only thing is that I need to convince someone to go with me, but if I know enough that probably won't be a problem. People who have been to Taiwan willing to share their experiences? Everything is welcome, especially stuff about food.
>>
>I need to convince someone to go with me

No you don't. Take good pictures before you go and hang out with locals that you meet on Tinder.

Or if you're too much of an autist/prude for that just go on couchsurfing.
>>
>>1207732
Perhaps he doesn't refer to some crushing necessity, but maybe he just would enjoy some company. Some folks do.
>>
>>1207741
This, I want to hang out with locals, but having a good friend with you on a trip who you know well and you can share your favorite jokes with is always good and fun.
>>
The north has Jiufen, the oceanside town that Spirted Away was based on. For sights, Taipei has 101, Elephant Mountain, Taiwan Democracy Memorial Park, and Tamshui. For art, it has Huashan 1914 Creative Park, Songshan Creative Park & MajiMaji. If you like Myanmarian food, go to Huaxin rd aka "Little Myanmar". Night Marketwise, Raohe & Linjiang have tons of good food.

The east coast is a nature lovers paradise, you have Yilan / Hualien / Taidong. Yilan I've yet to go to, but have heard the scenery's good, and it has the Kavalan Whiskey distillery. Hualien has Taroko Gorge which is impressive. Taidong can take you to some of the outer islands, Green Island & Orchid Island.

Down south, you have Tainan, Kenting, and Kaohsiung.

Tainan is the old capital, and now the food center of Taiwan. If you like history, go to Anping or Chikan Tower. For art, go to Qimei Museum, The Cultural Center or Xinmei rd. For eating as much good food as you can, just walk around Guohua rd / Youai rd, or go to Huayuan night market. You can also get to Penghu Island from Anping.

Kaohsiung is a lot like Tainan, but with more western influence. Here you can find good European / American food. As for places to see, go to Pier 2, LDR, Xiziwan, Lotus Pond, Fo Guang Shan Temple, Monkey Mountain, Rueifang night market, Cijian Island, Xiaoliuqiu.

Kenting is where everybody goes to the beach.

As for the west, you have Alishan National Park for an ancient forest. Ershui / Jiji for cycling in rice paddies / mountains. Yuanlin for a good small town experience. Taichung for Indian food and Luce Chapel. Miaoli for Tea Sage Hut.

Lmk what you're in to and I can give you more specific suggestions
>>
Traditional Taiwanese food is very very mediocre in my opinion, but there is a big variety of foods to try.
>>
>>1207761
Wow thanks dude, I'm gonna research your recs a bit. I like to have very dynamic trips, to do and see a little bit of everything. Taiwan seems like the perfect location for that. Myanmarian foods look very interesting, are there some more unique foods I should definitely try when I'm there?
>>
Kenting is not the only beach.. you can get on a train from Taipei Main and be at Fulong beach in about a hour. Very easy, and nice beach... plus there is really awesome bike trail that takes you 2.3k underground.
>>
>>1207761
>Myanmarian
Just call it "Burmese" like a normal person, Dave.
>>
>>1208292
Or take the MRT to Tamsui (Danshui), hop on a number 862 bus, and go to Shimen.
>>
How is traveling with luggage on TRA trains, am I fucked if I have a 28 inch suitcase with me? Also, is there any difference space-wise between express and local trains?
>>
>>1209150
Both seemed very spacious.
You might need to leave the luggage around the entrance of the carriage or so, but there will be no real problem.
>>
>>1209163
Alright, that's a relief. Thanks man
>>
File: Fun_with_contrails.jpg (1007KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Fun_with_contrails.jpg
1007KB, 1440x2560px
>>1207761
>saved

I think this is not the first time you've posted Taiwan tips on here, right?

Reason I remember is because I recognise some of your recommendations and actually used them as springboards for some of the research I did for part of a presentation at work. Upshot is I'm being sent out to Taiwan for a couple of months this summer.
>I fucking love 4chan

So thanks Taiwan anon and I owe you a beer. Not sure how we'd work that one out though.

>while we're on the subject of beer...
Anyone have recommendations for places to drink?

And what about visiting Quemoy and Matsu? Is it easy/interesting/expensive/worth the hassle?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.