[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1 year in Ukraine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: the_ambassador_title_card.png (2MB, 1920x900px) Image search: [Google]
the_ambassador_title_card.png
2MB, 1920x900px
hi /trv/, I've got a very chaotic few months ahead with travel so I wanted to ask now. Assuming everything goes as planned I'll have won a scholarship to spend 1 year in Ukraine doing research around Chernobyl. I'll prob be paid somewhere around $800 to $2000 a month and will live in Kyiv since it's so close to the station.

The caveat is that I cannot leave Ukraine for more than a total of two weeks for travel so I will be getting very familiar with the country.

What are some things I should know, do, and expect from the country? There is only so much Google tells me. I am able to read some Ukrainian and Russian but really have had no practice speaking or hearing it.
>>
I have no idea, but there are frequent Chernobyl threads here -- you might see if any got archived...
>>
How did you get the scholarship, and what sort of program is it? Just curious, I'd love to spend some time in Ukraine.
>>
>>1207794
I've looked through a few but didn't find too much info about the country itself. Lots of info on travel but little on staying. I'm mostly concerned about cultural attitudes with the Russian incursion going on and general corruption, etc. I've heard the cops can just come in and seize everything.

>>1208401
I applied for a Fulbright Research grant. The statistics for it are really in the favor of the applicant. Normally it's hard as shit to get but Ukraine usually has 7-15 awards a year and about just as many applicants. I'll be researching the effects of Chernobyl on the food supply there so I guess they thought it was a good enough reason to accept me.
>>
>>1208452
Neat, thanks! Have fun among the stunningly hot supermodels!

BTW:

> I've heard the cops can just come in and seize everything.

Actually happened to a friend of mine in about 2001. He went to meet some hottie, and the cops kicked the door down and held him at the police station until he bribed them with $1000. No reason other than that they wanted money from the rich American.
>>
>>1208497
>Actually happened to a friend of mine in about 2001. He went to meet some hottie, and the cops kicked the door down and held him at the police station until he bribed them with $1000. No reason other than that they wanted money from the rich American.
going for illegal prostitutes and then crying about getting caught for it sounds just about the most american thing ever
>>
fucking putin, u remorseless dictator
>>
>>1208681
>going for illegal prostitutes
Actually, he was doing the online dating thing, and he went there to meet her to see if he liked her enough to marry her. He did.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.