[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like help forming an itinerary. I'll be going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I'd like help forming an itinerary. I'll be going to a concert in Frankfurt from the US in three weeks, but I want to spend the two weeks preceding it in Europe. I realize it's not the ideal season, but I don't really care about the weather. I am interested in Art and hope that I can get recommendations based on that interest.

I was thinking to fly into a major city and then visit maybe two other cities before I go to Frankfurt, since I will fly out from there after the concert. I'm already planning on going to Bonn so please keep that in mind. I would like the route to be somewhat fluid so I don't have to lose time backtracking. My budget is tight, only a couple hundred dollars once I land. Any advice is welcome.
>>
>>1207663
If you're really into art London is worth a day or two. All the good museums are free to the public. Both tates, nat portrait gallery, British museum, v&a, and more.

I'm not familiar with South Germany, but a trip to non-Amsterdam Holland is worth it for the art as well. Amsterdam just needs a day trip.

What's your flexibility?
>>
>>1207669
Oh and look into Flixbus for super cheap travel.
>>
>>1207669
Thank you. I was considering flying into London then stopping somewhere on the way to Cologne. I'm not very flexible with time so I think it would be difficult to go from London to Holland then south unless I spend a day or two at most in each city.

Also, another question for anyone who can answer, I've read recently on another thread that TrustRoots is superior to Couchsurfing. Does anyone have any experience to validate that? Right now I only have an account with the latter and I was thinking to use it for accommodation.
>>
>>1207685
If you are going to use couch surfing, start messaging hosts now.
>>
Bumping this with an update to my plans, still hoping for a few suggestions from people here. I will be flying into Amsterdam and will spend a few days there. Any recommendations for a place to visit between Amsterdam and Bonn?
>>
Nuremberg and Munich are close. In Nuremberg there's the Germanische Nationalmuseum, in my opinion the best museum in Germany. It has art, objects of cultural history, clothing, armory, musical instruments, fully furnitured rooms from all centuries. A bit of art too, mostly from the middle ages. Nuremberg itself is interesting, though it has been completely destroyed and it can be a bit depressing if you somehow happen to find traces of it.

Munich is more southern but interesting, too. There's the Deutsche Museum, which is the biggest German museum I think. It's mostly focussed on history of nature science and technic. The Pinakothek and Pinakothek der Moderne are art museums, but since I'm not interested in art I didn't enjoy them.

Overall both cities are worth a visit and they are fairly close to Frankfurt. Frankfurt itself is probably the most American city in Germany, if not in Europe.

Places I'm not recommending: Stuttgart, Cologne, everything in the Ruhr district, in that order. Hamburg and Berlin are interesting, but farer away
>>
>>1208940
Thank you very much for the recommendations. I don't know if I'll be able to spend time in those places during this trip, but I'll certainly keep them in mind for the future, when I will have more time to spend in Germany. Due to my limitations now, I was planning on stopping at places that are between Amsterdam and Frankfurt. Nuremberg fascinates me all the more now after reading your post, thank you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.