[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: freedom.gif (538KB, 587x404px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.gif
538KB, 587x404px
I want to visit the US, and experience freedom, but I have no preference to go anywhere in particular. What is a good American city to visit and do stuff as a loner?
>>
+1
>>
hat sort of stuff do you like to do? Where you coming from? (might as well give you a short flight.)
>>
>>1206989
The US is too big to have one definitive city. Interesting places I can think of to go:
>New Orleans
>Washington DC
>New York
>San Francisco
>Seattle
>Austin

But it really depends on what you want to do, how long you want to stay, whether you want to spend all your time in one place or hit multiple different cities, whether you want to stay urban or see some nature too, etc.
>>
>>1206989
Nashville!

If you /cozycore/ experience go in fall. Get a airbnb in down town
>>
>>1206989
Sorry. We're fresh out of freedom.
>>
>>1206989
Chicago is the answer. First the canals dumped people into the Great Lakes. The land was a putrid swamp of fraud and speculation when capitalism dictated it was the place to be. Then the railroads. Then, since it was constructed with so little restraint it burned to the ground and was elevated in a vast engineering project so as not to drown in it's own sewage. Then Al Capone. Then JFK and civil rights. Then the the 1980s and the futures traders. Then recent historical memory with Michael Jordan, de-industrialization and gun crime.

>>1207113
This list gets you to an ITINERARY to see America but if one must distill the experience then to a single (awesome) city then Chicago is the answer

...this coming from a someone who lived in NYC for 5 years and will rush back as soon as graduate school is finished.

The art museum and the science museum are world class. Binging on meat and whisky is fun too.
>>
>>1208142
I've never been to Chicago, but I hear it's the largest Polish city in the world and that the people there are very friendly by American standards.
>>
>>1208144
Same poster...the Polish consulate is on Lakeshore Drive ("LSD") which is one of the most beautiful urban thoroughfares in the US. I've now been to Chicago three times but my first trip was in 2014. There was either a vitriolic Old Testament meeting in front of the building or a time-shifted Christmas ceremony while using a bullhorn. More than half of the attendees were old women and the speaker was forceful and damnation was in the air. Given the timing, it could have been fervent Catholicism but it could have been something about Vladimir Putin and arms purchases for a partisan defense force.

NYC is forever my American city but Chicago is THE American city
>>
+1 for chicago here. as someone who grew up in rural illinois, lives in Chicago currently, and travels the US as a consultant, Chicago really is as good or better than most american cities. it is a real big city in the loop and surrounding neighborhoods. many of the outlying neighborhoods are full of culture, but just like any big city, you really need to plan ahead to make venturing out of the loop to be worth your time as a tourist.

as far as downtown goes, its got as good or better city planning than everyone else so- it has better skylines, preservation of public space and museums, its cleaner than new york by a long shot.

more than cities though, just renting a car and driving to different landmarks would be a better measure of freedom in the US for a foreigner I'd say. many people, especially those from Europe, are amazed at the size of the US, even if they understand in a relative sense, the distance between things makes an impression, and will certainly make u feel free. The US has some of the best natural features in the world, go to Appalachia, rocky mountains, the black hills/badlands, the olymipic penninsula. of course if it were me on a road trip i'd start in a legal weed state like colorado or washington and properly stock up.
>>
you should go to Duluth MN
>>
File: chatanooga-skyline.jpg (150KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
chatanooga-skyline.jpg
150KB, 600x450px
>>1206989
Come to Chattanooga, we got caves , trails, shooting ranges, whisky, mudding, kayaking, barbeque, an aquarium, and more whisky
>>
St. Louis!
>>
>>1208553
>mudding
>implying

There is no way you posted that with a straight face.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.