[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody knowledgeable about New Orleans? My girlfriend loves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1472720172928.png (415KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1472720172928.png
415KB, 1000x1400px
Anybody knowledgeable about New Orleans? My girlfriend loves it and I want to take her there to propose to her. Any recommended spots?

Pic unrelated, Im from /o/.
>>
File: twingo2.png (183KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
twingo2.png
183KB, 500x690px
>>1206533

I don't know anything about New Orleans but I do love a nice Twingo
>>
I'm from there Mon Ami
>>
>>1206779

Any suggestions for romantic spot? Or cool stuff in general?
>>
>>1206564
Hell I remember when Renaults were all over the states. Don't have them anymore.They even bought American Motors.
>>
>>1206533
HON HON HON
>>
File: 37mWdeQ.jpg (204KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
37mWdeQ.jpg
204KB, 640x438px
This is now a twingo thread
Posted the wrong pic lel
>>
File: twingo3.jpg (33KB, 478x467px) Image search: [Google]
twingo3.jpg
33KB, 478x467px
>>1206900
God was working through you
>>
How comes your girlfriend loves something you don't know anything about? Are you sure you aren't a cuck?
>>
>>1207042
Not really sure how that relates to being a cuck. She's never been there either, she just likes the culture and whatnot that she's seen and wants to actually see it.
>>
>>1206533

Merci Twingo

Donne moi la maintenance
>>
>>1207447
>Not really sure how that relates to being a cuck. She's never been there either, she just likes the culture and whatnot that she's seen and wants to actually see it.
Oh, Jazz and Heritage Festival is the #1 time to visit. Ask any local. It's true. (Ignore mardi gras unless you get invited to a krewe ball). Mark your calendar. http://www.nojazzfest.com/

You stay somewhere slightly safer and highly rated, parking sucks but you need to get from kenner into the city somehow. Sightsee at daytime, and then do a venue at night for some music. Line up the food you want to see, and just hit the list checking the goodies off for each meal or snack. Make sure to ride the Streetcar.
>>
>>1207503
Awesome thanks
>>
>>1207503
"Stay somewhere slightly safer.."

Any tips on what you mean by "safe?"
>>
>>1207503
second, jazz fest is awesome, mardi gras is dangerous for people who aren't locals

>>1208065
If you are OP, New Orleans is a really cool city, it's also i pretty fucking dangerous one, pay more for a hotel, the higher it is, the safer it'll be

If you want to really impress yo bitch, do the roosevelt, it's an iconic hotel with pretty nice rooms, it'll run you a little high, but its downtown and right at the heart of things

places to propose to her get difficult, you could try the bayou, but idk thats a little risky if she hates bugs and real rough nature, i'm talking countless numbers of geps, hornets, yellow jackets, and mosquitoes, personally i grew up a piss stream away from a big bayou system called the spillway, so i'm used to it and love it

Now you could try something that I highly recommend but it's a little out of nola, it's the oak alley plantation, fucking stereotypical "mastuh i's bes a gud slave" plantation, look it up, fucking gorgeous, i prefer the houmas house in sorrento, about 45 minutes up I-10, but that's pretty far, it's got some good food and botanical gardens

Oak alley is still an hour out, but it's better for tourists, here is a link for transportation: http://www.oakalleyplantation.com/plan-your-visit/transportation

that's one good spot, you also got the st. louis cathedral, city park, antoines, or commanders palace(both of these places are super fucking expensive), or just some random nice looking street

Warnings are, bourbon street is very okay, mostly smells like piss and weed, but to each his own, yes du monde is worth the wait, don't wear nice looking shit, always stay in populated areas

and the biggest of all

DONT LOOK LIKE A FUCKING TOURIST

wear normal shit, and don't fuck around places that seem not good

that's all for now
>>
>>1206533
also understand that it's going to be hard as fuck to get authentic cajun culture in the city, Nola gumbos, sauce pecans, crawfish, jambalaya, pastalaya, and stews from restaurants are fucking shit

If you want the authentic shit, stray outta nola, you got places like Houma, thibodeaux, pierre part, morgan city, baton rouge

if you want authentic food, go during football season, find a day where lsu is playing and go to random tailgates, motherfuckers make big ass pots of the good shit, also it will be free, just tell them you aren't from around here and want to try the best food in the world, and guarenteed you'll get fed

you can also try nola tailgating, but the saints suck ass, and if you aren't black and have no weed, good luck
>>
>>1208159
>>1208163
Really appreciate it
>>
no idea where you'd propose to her, but for fun i would check out frenchman street and uptown (magazine st, st. charles). lots of bars and restaurants in those areas.
>>
>>1208559
No problem, glad Nola is getting some attention, hopefully soon, the surrounding cities can get some too
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.