[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are lockers the only way to ensure nobody will steal your shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 070614_thief_1115.jpg (62KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
070614_thief_1115.jpg
62KB, 780x438px
Are lockers the only way to ensure nobody will steal your shit at the beach? What if there aren't any lockers?
>>
1. Dont take any shit with you in the first place.
2. Tell the least favorite friend/family member to watch the stuff.
3. Leave it in the car.
4. Take your shit with you. Wetness and sand be damned.
5. Ask a stranger to look after your shit and hope they come through for you.
>>
>>1203349
i would be at the beach alone, normally; if i leave it in the car, i need to have the car keys on me
>>
>>1203332
I don't take valuables to the beach, and if I did, there's someone on the towel/chair holding them under their ass while others swim. There's some strategies you can use to make it less likely someone can walk by, grab something, and then run. You can be sure people do watch for when you're napping. I might drop keys go into the bottom of a shoe that is holding down a corner of your sheet, or drop a room card inbetween some cups, or in my "trash" bag. I usually do not bring my phone out at all, because sand is the devil to cameras and ports. It is actually worth a ziploc and little contact.
There can be a couple things under the sheet anchored down by a bigger bag or cooler. And I might _sometimes_ do that, and watch closely while I'm in the water a few feet away. Otherwise, it's locked in the car, while you swim, and the only thing you have on you is keys. I don't believe in waterproof containers.

When I travel and want to do a spa there usually are lockers which can hold your clothes and a towel and changing toiletries, but I prefer to leave almost everything back at the hotel. It's just a thieves paradise.
>>
>>1203392
>not having a car with keycode entry
>>
>>1203332
it's actually a real issue in a lot of tourist areas
petty theft on the beach is hard to discourage; and is one of the reasons there are paid entery beaches in so many countries

basically >>1203349
get a locker, don't bring it or take your chances
>>
>>1203332
https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Temperature-Resistant-Alligator-Removable-Adjustable/dp/B017UXLG70

This + Swim/Board shorts with a secure pocket = peace of mind.
>>
A lot of "lifehack" videos I've seen on YouTube often suggest doing shit like the following:

>burying it in the sand & placing your beach towel/blanket over it
>concealing it in an item that is very unlikely to be stolen (in a hollowed out book, suntan lotion bottle, transistor radio, etc.)

I have no idea if any of these suggestions work, because the ubiquity of these "lifehack" videos on the most viewed video streaming site in the world might allow would-be thieves to catch on a little better.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.