[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here simply running away from reality? I'm in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 6-23-Spirit.jpg (74KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
6-23-Spirit.jpg
74KB, 640x427px
Anyone here simply running away from reality?

I'm in my 30s and literally have zero prospects at home (UK). I'll never have a remotely well paid job and therefore, my own house and gf/wife is an impossibility too. I can't take the prospect of a life of wageslavery in a country where the cost of living is so high.

I fantasise about becoming a lifelong traveller. Its just a fantasy I guess. I lasted 2 months in SE Asia and to be honest, I was ready to come home at the end of it. I still feel like saving some cash and running away but I'm aware that at best I'll last a few months before having to return home in a worse position than when I left.

I'm too introverted and sperg to teach abroad or do charity work and I also hate kids. There is just no hope for me I don't think.

Just interested to hear if any other anons are currently escaping life back home or have done so in the past?
>>
Sigh...
Go to asia
>>
I'm about as introverted as it gets and I berg out too. And I taught in Korea. Don't be a faggot and go teach somewhere.
>>
>>1203003
>>>/lonelyplanet.com/
we have enough these kind of threads already, LP community will treat you better.
>>
If you can't hack more then two months then it looks like you don't enjoy the traveling lifestyle enough for it to be something you can do to "run away"

I did ten months, went back home with the intention of just staying for the summer, ended up there for two years cause I had some problems

But now I'm back "running away" through traveling, four months in so far, got enough money for two years and no intention to go back
>>
>>1203192

Hows it working out so far?

Where are you travelling?
>>
>>1203003
OP, are you a smartie? Then take your no-wife-no-prospects period of your life to put your nose to the grindstone and work hard, not quit life (when you know your absolutely goal is are the things like that, let's be honest). The higher education to make yourself able to work elsewhere or even citizenship if you desire, so choose wisely. Teaching is a calling type of vocation, and takes a while to get good at...so it's not likely to make your personality happy, nor give you enough funds to "get ahead" for those life goals you desire or to explore much in a foreign assignment, though adult students who wish to learn are a great deal different than kids.

OP, go do a vocational/trade program, like welding. World needs a bunch of those guys. Work out on a oil rig, or similar job, until you have travel money. Take breaks, easily work again.

Know who else might travel at low prices? Convention work that travels. Musical or business style roadies. Are you decent looking? Are you not lazy?

Psychoanalysis time. "Running away" feelings can be a symptom of clinical depression. It's a curious choice of words to have those repeating thoughts. Try just putting your life back on a track of some forward momentum and you might find you feel less like escapism.
>>
>>1203227

Believe me, I'd rather have my shit together back home and travel every so often for the pure hell of it. I have no prospects though, I don't want to learn a trade and there are very few opportunities in UK for adult learners.

I'm not depressed right now, my life just sucks.
>>
>>1203218
It's great, you know I love traveling...

So far been to Thailand, burma, Malaysia, Indonesian and Singapore
In Thailand atm
>>
>>1203240
You know, this is /trv/, not /adv/
Do you want to go traveling or not? If so, go, regardless of how much money you have
If you don't, then stay at home and quit whining
>>
>>1203240
>I have no prospects though, I don't want to learn a trade
There ya go. Wanting things you can't have. Does that make logic to you?

Sorry to say that vacation is a _reward_ for hard work. Either you are given money or you earn your money. There's only one with with travel (or life). Earn money to spend it. What is wrong with you?

The only way to get your prospects up though... It doesn't matter what kind of advice you hear here if you don't have money....is to start on your plan to get money. It is indeed upsetting to have no prospects and it's clearly why people move away from their hometown. No good jobs for low-skills. It might be that you just live in a seasonal tourism town, a former economy coastal town that can't rely on fishing anymore, the factories closed, that kind of thing. Great, move to the city and put your skills to work where demand is higher. But, no skills? You have to get some and you have to sacrifice to get them. Get a 2nd job. Get a 3rd job. Start mowing lawns.

And, running away ideations is indeed a symptom of depression. Go take a questionnaire. Go get some hope in your life and focus on what it is you actually can do. Be realistic.

This thread is now about "budget" travel and not emotional things like running away.
>>
Stop making excuses. Go back to school. Become a nurse. You'll find work anywhere in the world.
>>
I am kinda doing this now. I'm 30 and just moved to Australia to live a new life. Back home I don't have any friends, I don't have any prospects of ever having an SO, my job is kind of dead end even if it's a good job I will never amount to anything in it, I really have nothing to return to there. I told my family I'm going to Australia for half a year but soon they will find out that I'm actually not coming back. I plan on doing this for 5+ years. Working here in Australia, then going to Asia to maybe teach or do something else.

This isn't something I just decided to do in the recent past. I have been planning this for 5-8 years now. My plans definitely changed over that time, initially it was just supposed to be a round the world trip for a year or two but I also imagined that my life would improve. It didn't so I'm just going to keep going until I no longer feel like it. I have about $120k in investments that I'm hoping not to touch unless I run out of the money I make here in Australia. If I use up the $120k I will just kill myself, but that's not going to happen for many many years. And who knows, maybe I'll find what I'm looking for somewhere along the road and it will make me want to continue living. My life has certainly improved a lot here in Australia, it's still far from perfect but I'm getting closer to what I want with each passing week I think.
>>
>>1203462
Good luck man, which city are you coming to in Australia?
>>
>>1203505
In Melbourne for the summer and will be going up north when it starts to get cold here.
>>
nah youre projecting
but i do relate with the "Worse off than i started" bit.
>introvert
>sperg
>prospects
>job
>wife
>owning a home
seems like you're projecting all your bullshit insecurities into this thread and don't have much to say other than you're an insecure manchild
>>
>>1203003

i've been to this place in the op. it's in bolivia. most beautiful display of nature i've ever seen, absolutely breathtaking
>>
>>1203462
how do you make money out there? what's your job?
>>
>>1203562
Here in Australia? Depends how old you are? If you are young you work shit jobs in bars, cafes, restaurants. If you're older like me with many years experience you can pretty much find the same kind of job you did back home...
>>
Life is a living hell with no escape
>>
Same. I'm in my early 30s and have few job prospects. I am planning to teach abroad, save more money, and either make teaching a career or go to graduate school for botany (and then go back to teaching when I inevitably can't find a decent job).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.