[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be traveling this spring with a friend who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (222KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
222KB, 1920x1080px
I'm going to be traveling this spring with a friend who has never been outside of Europe before. I want to have a trip that would be great from my own perspective, but one that he would also enjoy. Which do you think would be better: China or Taiwan?

A. China (Beijing and Xian)
+ More famous sights than Taiwan, easily
+ Cheaper
+ I've never been, so it would be more exciting from my perspective
- We all know how rough the Chinese can be
- Pollution risk (is this a problem in late March/early April?)
- Have to apply for visas

B. Taiwan
+ Comfy and developed, so probably easier for him
+ Some of the benefits of China (the food!) without the downsides
+ No visa process required
- I've already been, so could be boring for me (though I've only been to the north)
- Nothing matches places like the Forbidden City or the Great Wall in "must-see appeal"
>>
The pollution isn't as much a problem as people make it out to be, you won't choke to death or get lung cancer. Additionally, the people in cities aren't that rough and are a bit more civilised, especially in bigger cities like Beijing. However the same can't be said of the countryside, although they shouldn't be a problem a lot of the time. If you're on a shorter trip however, go Taiwan.
>>
File: attachment.php.jpg (31KB, 419x261px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.php.jpg
31KB, 419x261px
>>
Hi, you got a Chinese here.
I think the most important question is how long are you planning for your trip? China is a huge nation.You may need to stay in one province for a week in order to visit all essential sites, including national park and historical heritages.
On the other hand, there is no "Chinese Food" in China. We have 8 major food style with dozen subdivision. Cities also have their special dishes for you to experience.
Pollution is a problem in eastern China, which is the culture center. However, for western China with great landscape, pollution is not really a problem. Yunnan is the most popular tourism province in China. Landscape there is great, it is kind of like Oregon of China. However, you may hardly able to find people speak English in market over there. Hainan is another famous tourism province, which is alike Florida of China, but it is getting expensive. By the way, if you want to visit Tibet, you need to apply for a sepreate permission once you arrive in China. You can find information on google.
On the other hand, Taiwan is a good place to visit, and due to politic issue between PRC government and RC government, tourism in Taiwan is meeting a crisis, which may decrease your costs. But recently Republic of China is developing a new policy on working hour and labor benefit policy, Anger is building up within the island and may end up with a movement and protest in Taiwan.
>>
Beijing is developed, so is Xian

China isn't a shithole m9
>>
>>1202848
There's protests all the time, just like there are in any nation like USA or Canada. They never turn violent, and if you're a foreigner you can expect that no one will want to get you involved in politics or social issues (unless you for some reason want to). Never been to China, but Taiwan feels safe pretty much anywhere, and peaceful protests against the government seem to be comforting to me since it's a sign of a functioning democracy.
>>
>>1202855
The thing I am worry about is not violent protest but strikes.
My parents visited America once but due to national budget issue all national park was closed. I hope it would not happen in Taiwan.
>>
I've been to both in the past year, loved both for different reasons.

Taiwan I only went to cause my parents wanted to go to China, but were unsure if they could handle it. So we went somewhere more safe.

I would say, let your friend decide it.
Tell him all the pros and cons. If he decides, there won't be no hard feelings/less hard feelings if he doesn't end up liking it.

That being said, my personal choice would be the mainland. I would stop at some smaller place/national part/whatever that looks green and huge next to Beijing and Xian.
Taiwan is great for many reasons (I did a roundtrip, North to South, spent some time in the East, too), but... It doesn't have the wow factor that the mainland has.

If it was about 'where shall I live' -- Taiwan.

To visit, the mainland, just cause of it's sheer size, it has much more things to do, see...

Pollution is a constant issue in China, however unless you have weak lungs, it's going to be fine without any extra precaution. I personally always had some good mask with me, you never know when you pass a trash burning plant...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.