[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys find cheap plane tickets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3890.jpg (37KB, 317x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3890.jpg
37KB, 317x450px
How do you guys find cheap plane tickets?
>>
>>1201118
I read the sticky.
>>
I fly ryanair.

If not an option

>read the sticky
>google CHEAPEST TICKET DESTINATION
>>
>>1201126
LOL thanks guy
>>
Skyscanner
>>
>>1201121
Cool, info there will get you a price that is within a small percent of what any other technique will get you, though there have been some new sites come online since then. Frankly, the difference between airlines so dwarfs anything else it is almost not worth worrying about.

Do you have a route in mind?|

PS: There are advantages to paying a bit more for a ticket direct from the airline, with whom you then have a contract, as opposed to buying through a cheap-joe's website and having to rely on THEIR customer service if things get fucked up.
>>
>>1201118
Google Flights
>>
>>1201118
>How do you guys find cheap plane tickets?
I get emails from the airlines/routes of my choice, and act on them fast.
>>
Google Travel or Skyscanner, I would always suggest putting in your country for cheap flights rather than your preferable airport to find the ridiculous cheap flights.

Recently got a London-New York return for $270 simply because I'm departing from an awkward airport location.
>>
Is Kayak good or a meme? I've gotten loads of good flights on them, but just want to hear /trv/'s perspective
>>
SkyScanner is the best, finds better options than google flights or any of the others. Dramatically better than Kayak/ITA/expedia/etc when looking outside of US domestic flights.
>>
Scott's Cheap Flights is pretty amazing if you don't have a specific destination in mind. Every day he sends out half-price flights to somewhere interesting.
>>
>>1201186
My issue is with skyscanner is the only ones cheaper than Google flights tend to involve using multiple airlines. And for convenience, and in the case of delayed flights/lost luggage, I like to use a single carrier or alliance. I reckon if you don't check bags that's less of an issue
>>
File: toilet.png (1MB, 1556x874px) Image search: [Google]
toilet.png
1MB, 1556x874px
>want cheap flights
>don't live in major metro area
wat do?
>>
>>1201180
Kayak is just an aggregation site, it's like hotels.com

Do this
>Order on Kayak
>when get flight confirmation code call agency
>confirm booking for flight
Done
>>
SkyScanner or Google Flights.

Having a cursory knowledge of carriers and flight routes helps a lot, too. For instance, I can't take classes until September and have decided to work hard and travel after March. A ticket to Egypt one-way would normally cost about $500 from JFK. However, Norwegian, a budget airline, has flights starting around $140. From Heathrow I can fly to Cairo for between $120 and $150. That's a decent saving.

Another time I had to fly from Istanbul to New Delhi. The only fares available on such short notice were between $300 and $400 one-way. However, I managed to save $80 or so by flying to Dubai, staying a few days with my uncle for free, and then flying to Delhi from there. Shit like that happens all the time - often, it's cheaper to fly to a big hub with one airline and then fly out of another hub with a different one.
>>
>>1202504
Damn dude. Any advice for cheap flights from NYC to BKK?
>>
People here fly business and first so not sure if they care about money
>>
File: charlotte.jpg (120KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
charlotte.jpg
120KB, 375x500px
>>1202496
You may be OK, often tickets starting at small feeder airports are cheaper because demand is less. I live in Charlotte, a hub fir (now) American -- it has from time to time been worth driving down to Grenville/Spartanburg and flying back to Charlotte, in order to get a cheaper fare
>>
File: I Love to Laugh.jpg (10KB, 320x192px) Image search: [Google]
I Love to Laugh.jpg
10KB, 320x192px
>>1202913
>>
>>1201118
This guy looks like Gary Coleman if he were white.
>>
Is it better to book from the airline for the safe price or to try and save some cash booking from a more shady site like Bestjet?
>>
>>1202947
I'm sure at least a couple people other than me have figured out how lucrative credit card sign-up bonuses are.
>>
>>1203136
this, but it's worthless to talk about on /trv/. Let them stay in the dark
>>
>xx number of posts and nobody mentions itamatrix

You go there. Find the price, then spend 24hrs trying to figure out where to get that price. Then wear a smug face for 3 months when you tell other travelers about how little you paid.
>>
>>1203132
>Is it better to book from the airline for the safe price or to try and save some cash booking from a more shady site like Bestjet?
"safe price" can be a vast difference in price? If it's not much to you, then yes, it is usually better to book with an airline or chain hotel phone or sites directly. There are exceptions, and some protections the third party can afford, such as better internet security from fraud, when your hotel is just some little place in the middle of nowhere foreign country.

I can tell you from experience there are many great stories, but I've also had a kind of pause in any routine customer service level when it is spotted I used one of those websites. For Days Inn, Orlando, bait and switch pics of a new lobby built in front of a dive hotel, old moldy dump (this was near that former chinese theme park that closed and 15 years ago), but I was completely stuck with my 1st night without refund no matter what and told to deal with Trip Advisor, who could do nothing at all. Had to leave and suck up the "discount". I've had royal caribbean change my cabin in a ship from outside to inside, and then while on board, actually getting ready to sail, can't unpack yet, tell me at the desk that I could not get a room change and had to deal with my "travel agent" directly (they did in fact change my room after about 2 hours). I used that cruise site 4x previously, and no issues, and about 2x afterwards.

On the positive side, I had no issues using priceline for quick trips to NYC a few times, because I knew the properties by neighborhood and was always filtering by highest stars. The only issues I had with european vacations websites is oddly timed phone calls, and not seeing some of the newer (best) properties in the choices, but it's pretty sweet to prepay a travel agent 1 lump sum, and no fraud possibilities among 15 otherwise little fee transactions and only one single charge on my credit card at a great exchange rate.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.