[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scandinavia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (100KB, 670x628px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
100KB, 670x628px
Is this a good route for a trip?

Bergen>Oslo>Stockholm>Gothenburg>Copenhagen. Anything i should add or remove?

For reference, when traveling i like to explore nature/national parks as well as aquaint myself with the local city life. I've never been to Europe but have always been interested in Scandinavia.
>>
Seems nice, just don't stop in Malmö. Just don't. It's the fucking Iraq (as in a warzone) of Sweden.
>>
>>1199326
Just arrived in Bergen today. It's truly gorgeous. But this is also my first time in Europe.
>>
>>1199335
And it's whiter and safer than any American city.
>>
>>1199335
OP here, i'm from Chicago so i don't think Malmo could possibly be that bad. Wasnt on my list of destinations anyway.

>>1199357
Cool, would you mind posting pics/thoughts on your trip in this thread?
>>
>>1199360
I don't really have any yet; but I intend to take some once I have some time. Thoughts so far: not many, seeing as it's just my first day! I'm very into nature and exploration and this city is full of it. Also a lot larger; both geographical and population wise, than I expected.
>>
>>1199358
>And it's whiter and safer than any American city.
Not so sure anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malm%C3%B6#Demographics

>Circa 43% of the population have a foreign background (135,509 residents); 31% was born abroad (99,788) and another 11% was Swedish-born (35,721), with foreign-born parents.[20] The Middle East, Horn of Africa, former Yugoslavia and Denmark are the main sources of immigration.

Norra Kvill national park is neat if you enjoy hiking OP.
>>
File: 20160719_125929.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160719_125929.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
>>1199326
Just above malmo up north is the kulatrail. Part of the skaneleden. Check that shit out. Awesome place and nature. Wouldnt be more than a minimal dent in the last tenth of your trip. Worth the very smal detour. Pic related.
>>
>>1199335
there's absolutely nothing going on there stop being such a fucking racist baby
>>
>"""""Scandinavia"""""" trip
>Doesn't even go north
>>
>>1199335
falling for too much /pol/poganda there buddy

I went there, I could barely see any non-whites. The occasional African and that's it
>>
Ignore the swede /pol/ fuckwit. Malmo is really no different in safety compared to other Swedish cities. I wouldn't go there tho simply cause there's nothing to do. It's like the place people live in for cheaper cost of living whilst going to work in Denmark for the big bucks.

Check out far north like Kiruna. Mountaineering in Åre is p good too. Denmark isn't really known for their nature stuff but if you want to check one of the small Danish islands, it's better to check out one of the far northern islands of Germany. Much lower cost and similar scenery.
>>
planning a similar trip for this summer except ill be spending 3 days in Finland for the WRC event. So far I've got these ideas lined up for Norway. Going to spend 3-4 days in Copenhagen biking around, getting into shenanigans. Not sure what there is to do in Sweden though, I'll only be there for a few days while I make my way to Norway. Any ideas?
>Norway ideas
Geirangerfjord-Pretty ferry ride between geiranger and hellesylt
Lofoten islands-Jagged rocky islands connected by bridges. could be a fun hike.
oslo-bergen railway-Journey up and down mountains and through the countryside.
Alesund- Picturesque oceanside town with all sorts of amazing architecture.
>>
>>1199583
OP here, thought Scandinavia was a general term for Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Am i wrong or are you just being an asshole?
>>
>>1199668
No, You are correct.

That guy is probably expressing/venting his frustration over the fact that the northern parts, while being a good two thirds of the area, are often neglected and overlooked by both tourists (foreign and domestic) and government.

While Stockholm, Gothenburg, and Malmö are somewhat different in setting and geography, they are very samey as far as climate goes (mild winters, warm summers, big cultural focus on the sea, deciduous or mixed deciduous/coniferous forests, etc). Compare any of them to Umeå, Haparanda, or Kiruna, and you have a different kind of Sweden.

That said, there is probably a greater diversity of things to do on your current route than if you took a trip around the north. In the north, most of the things to do will be focused around nature and outdoors stuff. While that's nice and all, the aspects of culture and city life are just not there in the same amount as your suggested route.

The way you plotted it looks great, with mountains and nature in abundance in norway, and some good cities in between it all. It might be boring to drive only on the highways in sweden, though, so take some smaller roads if you have the time.
>>
>>1199593
>Malmo is really no different in safety compared to other Swedish cities
Sad but true, the Muslim plague has spread to the rest of the country too.
>>
>>1199803
Yeah it's correct

Your still going to see heaps my friend. The north is really underrated which is the point I wanted to make, but it's mostly scenery that you will see
If you want culture + people, your route is good. You will also still see great scenery.

Have fun my dude
>>
>>1199817
Why can't you edgy /pol/tards stay on your containment board? Nobody here will take your bait or praise your edginess.
>>
>>1199969
>>1199803
Not OP but planning a trip to norway.
How good is the infrastructure to the north? I know that theres no real bus/train link that goes north from south but is there good public transport with in the northern part of the country
>>
>>1200021
I don't know about buses, but there is the coastal ferry, the "Hurtigruten". When I visited Norway, I treated it as a cruise round-trip from Bergen to Kirkenes and back, with a cabin and meals, but they take deck passengers from port to port as well.
>>
>>1200021
Are you doing this route by car?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.