[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LONDON THEATRE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: london.jpg (13KB, 224x300px) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
13KB, 224x300px
How do you go to the theater in London? Do you have to buy months in advance? Are prices as high as in New York?
>>
>>1198807

www.theatreguide.london/tickets.htm
>>
>>1198807
The reduced price ticket booth on Leicester Square is a good way to get cheapish tickets on the day.

The National Theatre (on the South Bank) and the Barbican (near the City of London) can be substantially cheaper than West End theatres, but the quality of shows can easily be as good or better. The Barbican theatre especially has much better views and sightlines of the stage - from every seat - than do most of the cramped and Victorian theatres in the West End.
>>
>>1198819
>>1198822
These anons know. It's straight forward and you can buy online, too, quite close to the performance day if you are not after the very best (or the very cheapest). I've seen some great stuff at the National Theatre and Young Vic in the last couple of years, and I recall getting some last minute tickets to see Martin Freeman (the Hobbit) in Richard III on the day.

There's so much going on, OP, you should find somethign you like.
>>
>>1198807
Most West End (equivalent to Broadway) theaters have "day seats", a small block of cheap tickets that only go on sale that morning. Be there when the box office opens. I got front row seats that way.
>>
My and gf went to London, we seen signs everywhere "tickets from just £19.99!", we checked online and in the ticket booths. We never paid anything less than £75 a ticket.

We seen 3 shows and all were amazing, so no regrets really but be prepared to splash the cash
>>
>>1199839
Avoid the storefront ticket shops in and around Leicester Square that all call themselves The Official Half-Price Ticket Booth but somehow run out of cheap tickets just as you get to the front of the line and count on you buying whatever they have just because you waited so long. If they spot you as a real rube, they'll sell you top balcony tickets at downstairs prices.

You always do better at the theater box office or an online ticket broker (who will charge a service charge but can get tickets to sell-outs)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.