[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Prague in a week, wondering if anyone has any tips to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (90KB, 599x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 599x400px
Going to Prague in a week, wondering if anyone has any tips to avoid the tourist traps?
>>
>>1198757
I went last January and there wasn't a multitude of traps like I normally see in European cities during summer. I really enjoyed it because of the low number of people. Only thing I ran into was one restaurant tried to double charge me the VAT on a meal.
>>
>>1198769
Thanks anon I'll keep an eye out for it
Hows their English? Should I learn some basic Czech
>>
Where can I see the futuristic parts of the city that are shown in Deus Ex?
>>
>>1198757
>any tips to avoid the tourist traps?
There's only a couple of shit museums like "torture" museum or the one for marionette dolls near the bridge, and maybe there are a few music concerts you buy tickets to in order to hear music inside of an otherwise closed church (you decide if that's worth it to you, as the musicians are of a great quality and the particular churches date into the centuries with art too valuable to be open to the public and staffed properly). The prices for al fresco dining right near the clock tower in old town has higher prices, but that's kind normal the world over, and it's not unaffordable to sit with a drink for the privilege for being in the square before you move on to wherever else.

There's zero reason to be in Wenceslas Square area, skip it.

You don't need to learn any local language if you wish.

I suggest you do need a solid 3 days to walking tour each neighborhood. Pop into all the churches in Mala Strana, like I said great artwork and they're open. Infant of prague tour is kitschy and maybe skippable for many. Do tour Lobkowicz palace for their neat collection and story, and nicer gift shop. Do stay or enjoy a spa day at the Boscolo's underground pool, and look at the bank vault bar.
>>
Don't go to any bars immediately around old town. Beers are like 3-4x as expensive as places two blocks away
>>
>>1198803
>>1198906
Thanks guys, I'll keep it in mind
I'm only there for 4 days unfortunately so might not be able to do everything you suggested
>>
>>1198784
I didnt run into any problems, then again I am not a realtraveler and I stuck to touristy places.
>>
I've been there in April. If you like Jazz, I recommend you check out the Agharta. Prague castle and the communism museum are also great.
>>
Check out the "honest guide prague" guy on youtube, he has great tips.
>>
>>1198977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFhaee9SM7w
>>
>>1198757
Yeah theres a guy that makes videos.

Anyways they try to fuck you on the exchange rate. I think the best rate i got was from a place in jewish quarter.
>>
>>1198757
Hey OP I'll be in Prague from this Saturday if you wanna grab a beer sometime?
>>
>>1199378
>I think the best rate i got was from a place in jewish quarter.

Well that's rather ironic.....

Anyways, I was there in the summer and we had a good few hours drinking beer in a garden up on a hill with good views of the city. This time of year however.... gonna freeze your nuts off.

If you are a eurocuck and like shooting, czech out a company called Hardtask. They are an actual tactical training company not some faggy tourist "shooting experience" outfit. I did a tactical rifle course and blatted off about 340 rounds thru a Vz58 which was pretty cool, cost about 200EUR
>>
>>1199408
Hey man, sorry I'd be up for it but I'm with a friend who definitely wouldn't be
>>1199443
Sounds fun as fuck but as a poor student I can't really afford 200 euros for that
>>
I've not been, but a mate told me that when he went he had a hard time because he brought an Indian guy with him and a lot of the people were quite racist towards him
>>
File: 1480326316685.jpg (66KB, 1024x945px) Image search: [Google]
1480326316685.jpg
66KB, 1024x945px
>>1199461
>mfw my friend is Indian
This should be fun then
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.