[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would any of you give me some tips about making friends while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: andrei-tarkovsky-stalker-1979.jpg (425KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
andrei-tarkovsky-stalker-1979.jpg
425KB, 1280x720px
Would any of you give me some tips about making friends while traveling? I'm a friendless loser, but I feel I would get more out of my travels if I interacted with others. Do you guys actually just go up to strangers and say hi? Seems spooky tbqh
>>
Taking the initiative is usually admired ... As long as your timing g is right.

It's an experiment tbqh, some will be friendly to cold approaches, some will be welcoming.

Never ever assume though that you know 100% how a person would react.
>>
Don't be a shriveling wallflower in hostels. I'm a shriveling wallflower by nature, but with practice I've become able to make friends at hostels.
Most of these encounters happen either with one other person when he/she walks into the kitchen where I'm cooking (so what are you having for dinner? That looks awesome. I think I saw some oregano in the free food shelf if you need it.)
Or in the common room wherea group of people have paused conversation long enough for me to interrupt (so where are you guys from?)
The key is to keep the conversation going once it's started.

Option B is to travel to countries where all the locals want to be friends with you, like Morocco, Iran, rural UK.
>>
Have found it pretty easy even as an almost friendless loser, atleast in SEA. Just sit in a crowded chill bar and you'll get invited over to some local or travler group.
Just last night I went to a bar for a beer after dinner, got seated next to a group of Vietnamese men, one of whom could speak English. Drank all night and gave me a ton of food, took me to a great pho place after, then we chilled drinking tea and eating sunflower seeds.
>>
just do it lol
>>
just be yourself desu
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.