[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've read online that you can purchase a bike from hanoi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png (27KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
27KB, 2000x1333px
I've read online that you can purchase a bike from hanoi and drive it down to Ho Chi Mihn city to sell at a similar cost.
Any Experiences with this?
looking to do in the summer
>>
>>1195125
Sure, I lived there for a few years as well as doing a similar trip. What would you like to know?
>>
>>1195126
Is it really possible to do this, essentially lose no or little money on the bike.
And are there any larger bikes available, maybe around 250 cc?
>>
>>1195127
The bike pretty much all travellers buy is a Honda Win 100cc, big tires for the harder roads, cheap to buy and cheap to repair. If you buy one of them it'l be very easy to sell for as much or probably more than you bough it for, especially doing it the way round you are. Far more people doing this trip fly into Saigon because it's cheaper so there are a lot of people desperately trying to sell bikes in Hanoi. $200 or under should be your aim for an average Win, though you could probably argue someone desperate down even further. In Saigon you can sell it for $250 pretty easily.

If you buy a more powerful bike that is all out of the window, most travellers have no interest in buying a more powerful bike, and most travellers won't have one to sell so you'll likely be buying and selling to a local which will mean a big loss. I mean it's possible you manage to sell one for what you bought it for, but far less likely. To be honest there isn't that much need for a more powerful bike anyway, unless you're on the motorways (which if you want to actually see the nice bits of the country you won't be), the roads are so twisty or shit that you won't be able to use any of the extra power of a better bike anyway.

Either way assume you'll have a breakdown at least once. There are a lot of shitty chinese replacement parts in them all and you'll likely be pushing it hard. Trip of a lifetime though, would recommend.
>>
>>1195131
Thanks for the info
Just looking for something slightly bigger because ill probably have the gf on the back + 2 bags , so could use the extra horsepower
>>
>>1195133
It's quite common to do what you're suggesting on a 100 or 110 Win or Honda Dream/Wave. Again you'd be surprised how rare it is that you can actually open up and get to top speed. The main thing you'd need to do is try and pack light. Packing one joint bag would obviously make things a lot easier too. 100% doable, hundreds of people do every year.

Your decision though obviously.
>>
>>1195136
Thats true we could cut down on luggage and hope for the best
Thanks
>>
>>1195131
Great advice anon.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.