[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Road Trip To Mexico

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3735.jpg (51KB, 439x366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3735.jpg
51KB, 439x366px
The US government and my mother seems to think I'll get kidnapped & murdered.

Has any Americans or Europeans backpacked through Mexico? Specifically down the eastern coastline?

I have no money and neither does my family so kidnapping seems pointless.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html
>>
>>1194875
>I have no money and neither does my family so kidnapping seems pointless.

if you don't look like a local and are in mexico, they will assume you have money, criminals and police

if you're going to backpack mexico, stick with the central part: monterrey, leon, mc
>>
Is your Spanish good?
English is not widely spoken in that area.
>>
File: IMG_20161220_091016.jpg (1MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161220_091016.jpg
1MB, 4160x2340px
Hello, I'm from Mexico, honestly I wouldn't recommend it right now... Better go to Guatemala or something.

Regards!
>>
>>1195023
why do you say that?
>>
>>1194875
it all depends where do you go and how, visiting big cities and go by plane should not be a problem. Avoid highways. I'm from Mexico City and everything's cool here
>>
>>1194875
Once you get 300 miles from the border you're good. Mexico is made up of many states, like the US. Imagine if the KKK were fighting a civil war in alabama. Would it make sense to be concerned about that if you were in california? Know the danger spots, like guerrero, and you're good.

Source: drove to panama along the west coast, back along the east.
>>
There's a radio station (91.1) that broadcasts from Tijuana to San Diegan listeners, and sometimes they have PSA or campaign ads from Mexico, but they are in English. Do so many people near the border speak English that it's better to broadcast those in English rather than Spanish?
>>
>>1195065
>>1195065
San Diego is the target audience for that station.
>>
>>1195065
Many stations in San Diego are broadcast from TJ (financial incentive)...I think the government just legally requires them to play those (e.g. national anthem at midnight).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.