[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going on a trip to Cuba next week as a service project for school,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: cuba.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
cuba.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
Going on a trip to Cuba next week as a service project for school, any last minute advice before I venture off?
>>
Bring mosquito repellant
>>
>>1194358
>>
Kind of interested. Going to be in Florida in June for a week and a friend wants to catch a plane to Cuba the week after, apparently you can get round trips for like $250.

He thinks it would be a good time but I argue it would probably be just as cheap and a better time just going to Miami for a few days. I dunno, he says they party way harder in Cuba, girls are hotter, cheaper, ect.

How safe is it? Like I said it seems it wouldn't be any more interesting than Miami and I wouldn't have to worry about getting my organs harvested.
>>
bunch of the little things like this
>>1194358
that you're used to just getting at the store might not be available

>>1194384
>it wouldn't be any more interesting than Miami

if you think this, you shouldn't go
>>
It will be like traveling back in time to Florida in the 60s

Shame I could not visit Cuba before Fidel's death, not it's not the same
>>
>>1194400
>not the same
what do you mean?
>>
>>1194354
take some knickers for the ladeez
>>
>>1194354
leaving now, farewell lads
op here
>>
Damn, what kind of school sends you to Cuba for an assignment?
>>
>>1194603
Well, for one, there is a government mandated mourning period extending until after january 6th

No public alcohol sales are allowed until that ends, and no form of celebration either

The communists basically cancelled christmas because fifo kicked the bucket
>>
>>1194384
>Kind of interested. Going to be in Florida in June for a week and a friend wants to catch a plane to Cuba the week after, apparently you can get round trips for like $250.
It's still not a great idea unless your "friend" is actually a cuban visiting their relatives in their relatives homes, or if you can drum up some educational reason (like you're actually a university employee or a student). A tour takes care of the people to people experiences for a hefty fee. Those flights are meant for shopping cubans to come and go, or their family to come and go down there. If you are american, you really still don't have a truly working embassy that can negotiate your safe return in case of trouble. We have no positive relations with Cuba since they want monetary reparations for the decades of embargo, and that aint gonna happen EVER.

According to most travel advice, you must "sign a form declaring their trip as a people-to-people experience, or educational in nature. Straightforward, lay-on-the-beach tourism is still prohibited."

Anyway, Miami is in peak high season right now, stick to the daytime driving around all the restaurants and sights there, plus some post-10PM nightlife ideas, and you'll have plenty to do for even three weeks. Rent a car and move from Key West to the Everglades to South Miami to the Grove to Hollywood to whatever new neighborhood to see each day.
>>
>>1194354

don't buy cigars from street persons, go to the official stores. Be careful of cons

>>1194384
Not much of party, unless you're an old, over 50 person with lotsa money that "party hards" with Caballet dancers. Most of "hotter" cuban girls are in Florida.

Did i say old folks? yeah, its like sci-fi movie level of social different in Cuba, there is a corner called Varadero which is a fucking enclave of high class resorts where regular cuban people are not even allowed there. Its all beauty and high class for rich american old mafia fat italians while the real Havana is a shock with people living as cogs in a poor designed machine thats falling apart. IMO the experience of knowing both extremes so close is the true value of visiting Cuba.
>>
>>1194354
>>1197361
>>1195374
>>1195778

US College Student here, heading to Cuba in a month. How easy is it to get laid there without paying a jinetera? I heard the people are much more open and sexually liberal than here in the states. Also any tips for spotting a jinetero/a?
>>
>>1197499
Very difficult to get laid normally, practically impossible in places that you're likely to go. And every girl is a potential jinetera for $100.
>>
>>1197500
shit son, really? I'll be in Havana most of the time. Doing an abroad program at one of the universities down there. So any relationships with Cubans will most likely just be fake? Thats a bummer. I was hoping to atleast make a few friends
>>
>>1197500
>And every girl is a potential jinetera for $100.

also can you elaborate on this? Are you saying Cuban women will literally just flirt with/bang a dude despite being married? I know the special period/Castro fucked them over pretty badly but it's really still that bad?
>>
>>1196264
?? My friend is there since a few weeks, all he drinks is alcohol, cause it's cheaper than nonalcoholic drinks.
>>
What kind of wall plug is most common in Cuba?
>>
>>1199332
Get a world adapter, you will find every kind of plug there that ever was produced world wide including connect the wires...
>>
>>1197500
>Very difficult to get laid normally

Well if you're ugly yeah.
I've been travelling to Cuba for numerous years now and have zero problem getting Cuban girls.
But then again I'm a 6'0, blue eyes, muscular, smiling motherfucker.
>>
>>1199332
American was the most common
>>
>>1199352
You can do that, but if you do not do a lot of traveling, buying jut the adapter you need is cheaper, and less bulky. Not that adapters are expensive...
>>
File: power_plugs_world.jpg (31KB, 462x275px) Image search: [Google]
power_plugs_world.jpg
31KB, 462x275px
>>1200063
I said a world convertor because I saw any possible kind of outlet in use in cuba.
They used anything they can get from all over the world, I had up to 3 different plugs in a single room.
We talk about a country where they build light switches out of a empty axe can and a empty toothpaste tube...

Most common fit was the Mena plug as you can ram it into most of the german, swiss, italian and the often scratched out US wall plugs.
>>
If u got time, please test the internet when you are over there, then come back to this thread and let us know

I want to stay a long time, but I need to upload something like 600mb a day. I could probably do that through a remote desktop though, but only if I have a decent ping rate.

I heard that the Internet there is abysmal though, so maybe not feasible.

Anyway, you are not my personal army, but IF u bring your 'puter, and you feel generous, I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>1200118
99% of the internet is only available on public hotspots. You buy a Etecsa time card and can use it for 1-5h. The speed is kinda shit as you share the same connection with at least 50+ people 24/7.

It's good enough to watch a YT video or use whats app voice. When I was there in November skype and 4chan was filtered and there's no mobile data at least mine didn't work at all no matter what kind of sim I used.
>>
>>1200128
Thanks anon.

Just my rotten luck then. I go places long time to work. If I can't work. I can't travel.
>>
>>1200137
It could work if you can do the 600mb past midnight local time as usually that's when the hotspots get less crowded.
But anyway if you depend on the internet cuba is not the best place to be. They might run out of time cards even the black market for 14 days+ or you might have to chase every single etecsa store in habana to get a card or two.

The only other option are the 5-6 large hotels with their own wifi (some even let you shitpost here) but you have to pay $130+ per night for your room.
>>
>>1200144
Thanks.

It is not an ideal situation. Of course if those 5-6 hotels allow people to sit and work there all day for the price of coffee and a meal, then it might be doable. But basically I do a 9-5 work existence in foreign countries. In SEA it works great, but I doubt it would work in Cuba. Not the least cause those hotels are probably on the same backbone as everything else.

I guess we will see some rapid changes in Cuba soon, but until then, it does not seem like a Digital Nomad destination.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.