[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1348390528030.gif (2MB, 329x319px) Image search: [Google]
1348390528030.gif
2MB, 329x319px
I have around 12 around the beginning of June and I am trying to figure out where to go

I was thinking somewhere in Africa (where I am unlikely to get killed) or South America (where, again, I am unlikely to get killed) as I haven't been to those two continents yet.

What would be good countries for a first timer in Africa/South America?

Or perhaps any other suggestions for that period?

Flying out of Vienna and money isn't much of an issue though I'd prefer to not spend needlessly much

Thanks
>>
>>1191474
Well if you're really concerned about your safety (as you seemt to be), Argentina is a pretty well developed and safe place as long as you stay out of sketchy neighbourhoods in the big cities. In general with South America, the big cities are more dangerous whereas smaller areas are much less so even if they are poorer. It's the same for much of the world really: small sheltered communities just don't generally want to beat you up and steal your shit.

In terms of Africa I can't speak from experience, but unless you're gay there is a lot of it where you'll be pretty safe. Ethiopia is surprisingly good, South Africa is the obvious choice if you only care about safety, really a lot of the heavily Christian nations are pretty uptight about theft and violence. You might be surrounded by throngs of beggars and get scammed to hell by everyone jacking their prices for you, but from what I hear they generally won't initiate violence.
>>
>>1191480
I was thinking of Sao Paulo, but I was living with people from there and they told me it's a shithole. Are there any safer places in Brazil perhaps?

>but unless you're gay
I am not but why would this be an issue?

>South Africa is the obvious choice if you only care about safety
eh, I don't know about that, a friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint there in a non-sketchy part last month
>>
>>1191770
>Are there any safer places in Brazil perhaps?
Unfortunately not really. As I said before, smaller towns are likely to be more safe, but even then Brazil is really well known for being a dangerous place compared to most of the world. Any major city especially is going to be pretty high in muggings and the like, so not really.

>I am not but why would this be an issue?
Africa in general is pretty damn hostile to gay people: vigilante justice style beatings, imprisonment, etc... I've heard stories of idiots trying to hook up or meet other gay people and getting lured somewhere and beaten and robbed. If you're at all smart you just pretend you aren't gay and nothing happens, but if you make it public people will hate you and possibly report you to the police (it's illegal most places, some death penalty for it).

>eh, I don't know about that, a friend of mine was robbed at gunpoint there in a non-sketchy part last month
Well that sucks, but the crime rate is pretty low. You can get robbed at gunpoint anywhere, he's likely just really unlucky. You'll never get somewhere like Canada or Switzerland in Africa or most of South America.
>>
>>1191474
Chile, Argentina and Uruguay are mostly safe. June is not the best moment to visit though, shitty weather.
>>
>>1191892
I see. Too bad I guess. I'll consider South Africa, any places you would recommend visiting there?
>>1191909
I am assuming it's better to go there in winter?
>>
Countries generally considered "Africa for beginners" are Ghana, Gambia, Namibia, Botswana, South Efrica, Morocco.
The tier below that is Uganda, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Ethiopia, Senegal. And probably others.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.