[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heading to the Philippines in February for A couple of weeks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 20160619_000208_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160619_000208_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
Heading to the Philippines in February for A couple of weeks going to start in Manila then I have no idea what to do. I was thinking of doing so island hopping and chill on some beaches, do some snorkeling/diving but not sure if I'll have enough time/ if inter island infrastructure allows for easy travel. Also keen to checkout some boxing and basketball while I'm there but can't find a schedule for the playoffs of the Philippine cup or any boxing promotion/gym so if anyone has any more info on that it would be appreciated.
>>
Sorry no help, but also planning a trip there. I am interested in fishing while there, in particular for Giant Trevalle.

Following.
>>
Get the fuck out of Manila for a long as possible. Boracay and Palawan are essential.
>>
>>1191336
The cities are hellish, unless you live in The Fort, which is the only pedestrian-friendly place in the Philippines.

They have no redeeming qualities whatsoever, though I guess Chinatown in Manila is worth a stroll. A stroll, singular. It's more picturesque a shambles than the rest, since it's occupied by Chinese and not flips, who have never been city people the way the Chinese are.
>>
>>1191380
Hows it compare to first tier Chinese Cities in terms of density/pollution? I quite like cities, I've been meaning to visit Jakarta as well I've heard it's crazy
>>
>>1191336

If you're here in Feb you're right in time for the Philippine cup finals. It will run through the whole month of Feb. Best of 7 match between the best 2 teams in Philippine basketball. However, you are out of luck with boxing. There are no big fights coming up on the first few months of 2017. Idk about MMA though. I don't follow our MMA scene here. For party beaches, avoid boracay. Panglao, Bohol is the patrician choice for a party beach. For diving/snorkeling, el nido, Panglao, oslob. For island hopping, el nido, Britannia islands.
>>
>>1191556
Cool thanks for the advice, I was hoping boxing would be similar to muay Thai in Thailand where there is constant small fights run out of one place but i suppose I over estimated the popularity of boxing.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.