[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Escape to SE Asia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: diving_map_south_east_asia.jpg (36KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
diving_map_south_east_asia.jpg
36KB, 500x310px
Anyone successfully relocated to a SE Asian country for atleast a number of years? I'm bored with the West and done with the cold. Particularly want to know how hard it's going to be to get working visas and permanent residence. Particulary interested in Malaysia and Singapore.
Don't want to be poverty-tier but I'd still be fine with work and standard of living the equivalent of working in retail/services in the West. Have a Biology degree.
>>
>>1191172
I dont know much about the field of biology so Ill just say the obvious answer. Many countries will hire you as an English teacher no matter what field of study your degree was in, as long as it's a 4 year degree.
>>
>>1191172
outside of singapore there is practically zero industry. that's not an exaggeration. thailand is starting to build chinese car factories, but you won't want to work for a chinese wage, nor do you speak chinese.

fun-fact: SEA is still richer than 70 of the rest of the world. kek. now you realize how fucked up the world outside of europe/america/east asia

there's no alternative, practically, to being an english teacher. if you are their co-ethnic and have money to bribe city officials, AND happen to be incredibly smart, you can possibly start a business. forget biology. people outside of east asia and europe have difficulty mastering arithmetic. think about raw commodities or something to that effect.

be aware malaysia raids non-muslim businesses. it's a hellhole that will never develop.
>>
>>1191172
You'd likely need to teach English, and in Singapore that'll be nearly impossible since it's already an official language and they don't need to import foreigners to teach. It's also widely spoken in Malaysia, so you're unlikely to get a job in that field there either. Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, maybe Laos (never looked into it) you can get a job very easily teaching English, especially with a 4 year degree.

Outside of teaching your options are limited. If you're lucky maybe you could work in tourist bars or clubs, I've heard that some people have success with that. Besides that you could try and start your own business, but it's a risky venture and will require a lot of capital and luck to get all the necessary paperwork.
>>
if you have a masters you can look for a phd in singapore. I know several people doing that, as well as a few professors from the west (in a different field though - CS)

I don't know where you fascination with SEA comes from, but i must say singapore is pretty boring and the climate is shit.
>>
>>1191391
Nahm Singapore hires foreigners all thw time for real jobs.
>>
If your job prospects are actually low in thr Biology field, which they likely will be.

Just go to Cambodia, 1 year business visa. Renew it and teach english till u make a connection somewhere potentially in your field. Otherwise when u get bored just go move somewhere else.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.