[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Babbies First Trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage(24).jpg (188KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(24).jpg
188KB, 960x1280px
Sup /trv/. What do people here suggest for babbies first trip?

I'm an American that lives in Alabama. I've only ever been to Canada but I don't even count that as a real country.

I'm sure this gets asked a lot here but for babbies first adventure there are some specifications.

>cheapish
>non shite accommodations
>safe

So what's it gonna be /trv/?
>>
Resort towns in Mexico sound like your speed. Overseas? Spain.

What's your budget anyway?
Time you're spending?
Interests?

I feel like suggesting SEA all the time.
>>
File: 1437109879686.png (194KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437109879686.png
194KB, 247x200px
>>1191018
>I've only ever been to Canada but I don't even count that as a real country.
>>
>>1191024
Like 2k give or take
1-2 weeks
I can have interests in anything really. I enjoy the outdoors and history.
>>
>>1191026
Budget & non shite accommodations kinda narrows it down to:
Caribbean or Mexico.
Flight $600 max
leaves you with $100 per day for accommodation, food and fun.
Every $ you save on flight costs makes your trip better an gives you room to upgrade your accommodation from shit to tolerable.
>>
>>1191018
2k would go really far in SEA.

Thailand or Philippines would probably be great for you. In any of the mainstream destinations you will have no problems getting around and there is plenty of things to see and do.

If youre feeling adventurous, probably Cambodia or Vietnam.

Or if you wanna go even more off the beaten trail but still reletively safe, Myanmar. Myanmar would be my #1 recomendation tbqh but if you wanna start slow see above. Myanmar is like bbabys first RealTravelerâ„¢ trip.
>>
>>1191026

Assuming $2K with flight expenses.
This guy's post then:
>>1191037

>>1191045
Yup. But flights I found from Alabama started at $2.8K because xmass is high season in BKK and MNL. If OP can find $1k round trip to MNL, then go for it.
>>
>>1191050
I know what the OP meant. 2k is more than enough for airfare + expenses. Im on my phone and dont want to retype a bunch so see what I posted here >>1190975
>>
>>1191052
Forgot to link the other post but basically i found an example flight where the OP could get to paris from canada for 300ish rather than the 850 he was seeing. You just gotta play with dates and destinations. You could definately get to manilla or bangkok for under 1000 easy.
>>
>>1191050
I would be flying out from Atlanta, Georgia or New Orleans most likely.
>>
>>1191018
I'm from Fort Rucker and did this the last two years.

You can drive down to Orlando and fly with Norwegian Air to anywhere in Europe for about $174. If you're under 27 you should just stay in hostels everywhere you go so expect >$20 a night for accomodation. Realistically you can do more than 2 months of straight traveling in Europe if you know how to budget but 1 month with $2k will get you very far and a lot to do in 1 month, or even more if you do less then a month. Anything less than 2 weeks isn't worth it imo because you won't adjust from jetlag by then and will just be cramming in too much in too little time.

If you don't want to drive down to Orlando and would rather fly from New Orleans as you say, you can find a round trip flight for less than $500 if you know where to look. I flew last week with Delta, round trip from New Orleans to Berlin, for $486. Atlanta should also be around the $500 mark at the right times.
>>
>>1191067
Thanks for the info. I only have about 2 and a half weeks max because of work and summer classes. It'll most likely be me and my girlfriend. I could do Orlando so thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>1191075
Btw the 2k is 2k for just me. She has her own money.
>>
>>1191075
Had 5mins so pic related are the realistic options for you.
As you go with your GF you probably want to upgrade from the Hostel to the next category like a Ibis hotel (not shit, private room and still affordable) and share a room.
>Cost in western europe usually $59-100 per night so it's $30-50 for each of you.

Run those options trough:
http://www.priceoftravel.com/world-cities-by-price-backpacker-index/
to get a idea what to expect to spend daily per person more or less sleeping in a hostel, living off street food mostly walking and just a few entry fees.
Add about $20 to it as it's your first trip and you go with your GF so you can bet your ass on some "romantic" or stupid overspending.

Add it all up, you still got money or are close to breakeven you found a good destination for 14 days.
>>
>>1191018
Ex-commie countries in Europe are cheap as shit. You can easily get a hotel room for 10-15 per night.
>>
>>1191120
Thanks friend. You were very helpful.
>>
>>1191045
Keep in mind he has to buy airline tickets. So a $2000 budget really translates into about $500 if he's leaving within the next 3 months.

For a Bama man on a budget I would recommend the Caribbean, or Mexico so long as he stays far away from Cancun.

Or to be honest, if you don't mind driving to ATL, you could then get a cheap flight to South America or just about anywhere I guess.
>>
>>1191127
Where do you people buy airline tickets? I am 100% positive i could find a sub 1000 dollar ticket for any timeframe with like 2 minutes of looking and playing with hubs on skyscanner. A little more time and 600-700 is almost a guarentee. The leftover will be plenty for SEA.
>>
>>1191127
Also if he doesnt mind going down to miami he can go to a huge variety of places for very cheap. Flights to Europe can be less than 300 dollars with luck, but mostly to expensive destinations.
>>
>>1191243
Well I live in a central fly over state so it's not like I can just go to the nearest airport in then zip out of the country. I always have to stop and layover in Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta or Vegas.
>>
>>1191344
Yeah not a lot of direct flights from Lincoln to Singapore next month for under a grand.

Enjoy your LA life guys.
>>
>>1191344
Thats why I said experiment with hubs. You can catch a sub 100 dollar flight to a main hub that will take 1000+ dollars off of your total trip ticket. I dont get why you dont understand this. If you dont wanna go to SEA thats fine, but you could VERY easily get there and back for 800 usd.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.