[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First trip to Southern China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Lijiang.jpg (222KB, 1140x501px) Image search: [Google]
Lijiang.jpg
222KB, 1140x501px
Hello, /trv/, I've recently decided to go visit (for the first time) Southern provinces of China.

I already decided that I want to spend a week in Lijiang (pic related) but I am left with 2 more free weeks.

Any ideas or suggestion on where should I go from there?
Mind you, I don't speak Chinese and I've never been to China before. It's just something that I want to do.

Is it a good or bad idea?

And I do hope not to rely on airplanes a lot because I'm trying to go there on a minimum budget. Thank you!
>>
Also, I'm planning to travel in January.

How fucked am I?
>>
if you can,
fly to suzhou/hangzhou/shanghai
coz imo guangzhou/shenzhen are not worth it
>>
check the train prices or overnight bus prices to guilin to see if that fits your budget.

mainlanders actually highly recommended yunnan to me, so i expect there are going to be a lot of chinese tourists.

sichuan can be also fun if you don't mind the winter.

also the only thing to do if you don't speak chinese: always have your next destination written down in chinese on your phone. just pointing at that, you will always be sent to the right location.

even if you're on a budget, you might want to hit the first china unicom (the one with the red logo) shop. or a random small shop that sells china unicom sims. again google translate "i want to buy a prepaid simcard" beforehand, and show it to the shop assistant. they will put the options in front if you. it's all megabytes/gigabytes and yuan, so you will understand. (that china unicom prepaid sim can be used all over china, the subscriptions others might want to sell you only work in a given city.)
>>
>>1187623

Not really many Chinese tourists, surprisingly. Expect to see more non-Chinese tourists.
>>
>>1187619
Chengdu wasn't too bad when I went.

Also Lhasa.
>>
>>1187594
>that pic
fuck i've never heard of this place before looks comfy
>>
>>1187746
op's pic is the better and much bigger one, but fenghuang in hunan also has a similar vibe.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.