[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visiting Tips?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: finland-flag-1361389_960_720.jpg (270KB, 960x586px) Image search: [Google]
finland-flag-1361389_960_720.jpg
270KB, 960x586px
So I'm visiting Helsinki in december.

First time travelling solo and I'm kinda hyped.

Any must-see things? (besides the things every tourism site tells you).

Particular places to steer clear from?
>>
Well you chose the worst time to visit helsinki. The days are really short, the sun sets at 3 pm already and there's no snow to bring light atm.
How long are you staying for?
>>
>>1187289

>How long are you staying for
Just 5 days.

>The days are really short, the sun sets at 3 pm
That's kinda why I wanted to go, some real winter vibes.

> There's no snow to bring light atm.
No snow guaranteed?
>>
>>1187290
>No snow guaranteed?
Right now there isn't any snow. We got a lot of snow in november but it has all melted already. There's probably gonna be snow by christmas but it's hard to tell. We haven't really had proper winters in the last few years.
>>
>>1187292

Thanks for the head-up, won't get my hopes up too high then.

Any further tips tho?
>>
>>1187293
Bring your antidepressants.
>>
>>1187293
I'm being honest here, you probably will run out of things to do in 5 days. There isnt much to do right now except drinking. Five days is kinda alot even for summer. If you run out of things to do, maybe take a cruise to Tallinn for a day trip. The cruises are fairly cheap and it takes 90 minutes to tallinn iirc. Check out tallink dot com for ship tickets.

The nightlife here is pretty good on the weekends. Kallio has alot of pubs and chill bars. Most of the clubs are near the center. On saturdays i recommend Tavastia club. There's an event every saturay called "lauantaidisko" (saturday disco).
All the bars and clubs are ridiculously expensive though. In Kallio a beer is around 4 eur and in the clubs like 6-7 eur. Entry fees vary from 3 to 10 euros in the clubs.
>>
>>1187303
Much appreciated info.

I do intend on taking it pretty slow. Casually see some sights and hit some bars in between. I incidently am staying in the Kallio district, so should be fun.
>>
Definitely go visit Sompasauna! facebook/sompasauna/

If the weather is horrible, you should then visit Kotiharjun sauna. I recommend you bring a few beers with you. Nothing's better than cold beer and sauna.

I know a lot about the urban happenings in town. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. When exactly are you visiting?
>>
>>1187409
Haha a sauna fanatic huh? I might go to Sompasauna, seems very interersting.

I'll be there in the week of 19 december
>>
>>1187287
If you like military stuff, Varusteleka is a perfect destination. Apparently they've also opened a bar in the store as well. Have fun going in, getting drunk and walking out with a bunch of military surplus you never knew you wanted.
>>
>>1187462
Actually Sompasauna might be a bit of a hardcore experience since it's so cold and dark here nowadays.

But what are you into? What kind of nightlife are you interested in?

Oh, if you're staying in Kallio, you should go to Pub Magneetti which is near. It's a really cozy place.
>>
>>1187303
Do what this guy said and do a cruise to Tallin

I would also personally recommend Porvoo as I think it's a nice city to see. You can take a day trip there and back it's not expensive. At least that covers 1 day.

Other than seeing the center, visitng some island(s) (take a boat cruise around the Helsinki area) like Suomenlinna. There really isn't a lot to do and you'll get bored within 3 days.
>>
>>1187409
Is it a mixed or gender-segregated sauna?
>>
>>1187958
Sompasauna is a mixed nude sauna. You can use some swimwear though if you want to.

Kotiharjun sauna has male and female sides.
>>
>>1187894

I like clubbin from time to time, but not sure if it'll be a succes on my own.

Mainly trying to relax, see some sights, and meet some new people.

Musical tastes vary, but mostly metal or electronic.

Some friendly bars where you can actually talk with another would be great
>>
>>1187409

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltR7ExC2hjc

Jaakko?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.