[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seattle, Portland or Los Angeles (or something else)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: coast2.png (555KB, 939x908px) Image search: [Google]
coast2.png
555KB, 939x908px
I have to get from Vancouver to San Francisco next week, and I might have a few days free in between, so I could waste some time on the way there.
Just checked some flights, and it seems like it wont make much of a difference, if I have a day or two layover in either of those cities.
Which is the most worth visiting for such a short stay?

My general framework for this all:
*I'm an Europoor, so I have not seen too much of the US, but I'm always interested in learning more
*I love nature and being outdoors, but that is not practical for such a short trip I think, so just some "city stuff" would be OK for me (museums, local food, interesting architekture)
*Staying longer in Vancouver I can do, but I have been here now for 4 months, so I guess I have seen all I wanted to see
*San Francisco I dont need more days, since I already have been there before
*I mustn't necessary spent a shitton of money, but if I have to spend up to $200 a night and it's worth it, that will be OK
*I'm also open for other suggestions
*Las Vegas for example is probably a suggestion, but I have been there before, though I'm kinda tempted to just get an ultrafancy hotel room for cheap, since I'm not going there on a weekend.
>>
Also, kinda related to my original question:
Seems like most of the time, Delta has the cheapest connections, which fits me well, since I still have a 100€ voucher with KLM, which should work on Delta, since they fucked up the last time I was in the US.
Since I have two pieces of luggage, the price for first class (where those seem to be included) is only like $50 more than economy + two bags.
Is first on domestic even worth anything on delta? Assuming I'd go to LA, I would have a 2+h flight, and those are bearable, even with shitty airlines, but I wouldn't mind getting a meal and a drink included, which would save me one meal on the ground, so the 1st class extra is only like $25, and at that price point, it seems worth it just for the sake of it.
Or not?
>>
It sounds like Seattle and Portland are the two main choices, since you haven't been there before. Between those two, Seattle is a much better choice; it's a bigger city, and there are more interesting things to do that seem more in line with what you're interested in. Several really good museums, a fair amount of nature in/very near the city, and a better selection of food.
>>
>>1185450

>he visits cities to go to museums

faggot
>>
>>1185449
Delta is awful. Worst major carrier in the US.

You could take the train. Amtrak is bad in the middle of the country, but not bad on the coast. Get a bed for an overnight. You would at least see some nature, if not actually get outdoors.

Portland is a small, economically depressed city full of hipsters and food trucks. Seattle is a medium sized, rich city still mostly filled with hipsters. Anyone should be able to entertain themselves in either for a couple days. Seattle has more and costs more, of course.
>>
>>1185449
Hey I live in Metro Vancouver and was just in seattle and portland.

Are you driving? If so instread of taking the I5 take the coastal highway down to cannon beach through estoria. Portland was cool but there is definently more to do in seattle, its a way bigger city but I liked portland alot as well.
theya re only like 2 hours apart driving anyway
>>
>>1185657
>Delta is awful.
I know. Guess why I have a voucher with them.
>Worst major carrier in the US.
I heard to opposite (in here, among other places), that it is at least the least shit one of them. But for a max 3h flight, I dont really care. But since I have that voucher anyways, and I have no other option to use it, I might as well. It's just a matter of going for first or not.

>You could take the train.
Heard only bad things about amtrak, but if the coast is not bad, that is an option. But much more expensive than a plane, and I tend to not sleep to well on trains. Gotta think about it.

so far:
>Seattle
seems interesting, but also seems like it is essentially Vancouver, but in the USA.

>Portland
could be interesting, but at least with planes, that is a bit harder to reach/more expensive. Probably not worth the added costs.

>LA
Warm and sunny, seems like an interesting change after months in the rain. But it just seems so overwhelmingly big, dont know if I get anything done in 1 day or so, also, public transport seems shit.
>>
>>1185688
>Are you driving?
Probably not. Would need to get an one way rental and an international one at that. Kinda expensive when going alone.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.