[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in Tampa Bay for another 4 days, what is there to do here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: clearwater-bridge.jpg (54KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
clearwater-bridge.jpg
54KB, 800x362px
I am in Tampa Bay for another 4 days, what is there to do here?

I'd appreciate insight from local Floridians. Did you know that your state name means "Flowers".
>>
i assume youre here for thanksgiving. Not much to do normally and even less around then. I guess go to Naples, its pretty nice and a smaller vibe than the hood of tampa. thats all desu
>>
>>1184676
Yes I've heard of Naples, before.
Isn't there some Cuban town or something in Tampa? Florida is pretty big a state though, might be time consuming to drive from town to town.

Might see that aquarium too.
>>
>>1184680

Tampafag here, the place you're thinking of is called YBOR, if you're in Tampa I highly recommend going there. Basically where all the cuban or spanish people settled. Became hood central for awhile but now it's nice again. Good food and area to check out. If you want a sit down experience to the "columbia" restaurant. Buy yourself a cigar.

Aquarium is cool. Bush Gardens is also cool. Haven't been to MOSI in forever but it might be worth checking out but I'm pretty sure it's run down now. Lowry Park zoo is cool but I haven't been in years.

Dunedin is a cool place. St. Pete Beach is also a cool town. Check out Fort de Soto park.

I
>>
>>1184700
Any good clubs/bars nightlife stuff?
>>
I'm very jaded on Florida cities. DEFINITELY check out the beach, though. It seems much more tropical than the beaches on the east coast. Check out Fort DeSoto in St. Pete. Tampa art museum is pretty solid also
>>
>>1184676
>I guess go to Naples
No need.
Downtown St.Pete is lovely times, tons of good food, and music. St. Pete Beach and John's Pass area is a good little visit. Can explore Ybor City before dark ;) and catch a concert.
>>
>>1184675
Why didn't anyone tell me the girls here are so hot?
>that odd combo of huge tits and flat tummies everywhere
I even like watching the older ladies walk down the beach and yank their swimsuits out of their fat asses ever now and then

Can't really look long or anything though. This is a family town, resort so acting like a creeper or being seen with a massive erection would bring dirty looks etc.

Best beach around really. Clean, warm, sand like baby powder. You can't surf but you can definitely swim, the water is calmer than some lakes.
>>
File: 7zpB9U3.png (369KB, 502x1130px) Image search: [Google]
7zpB9U3.png
369KB, 502x1130px
>>1184700
I'm in Orlando and I didn't even know Tampa was this redeemable. If OP has a car, there are really cool springs and caves a little north. Homosassa I think, check it out.
>>
>>1184857
I don't have a car, probably can't go that far.

I'm surprised to hear you say that, I wouldn't think any place in Florida would be worth visiting if it wasn't on the water. Can make an exception for Orlando because of all the cool parks etc. but wtf would you do? Tampa is cute if you have money to spend, if not just stay where you are.
>>
File: DSC01745.jpg (6MB, 5152x2896px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01745.jpg
6MB, 5152x2896px
>>1184857
>I didn't even know Tampa was this redeemable.
Tampa is basically what Miami would be if it had English-speaking middle class people living in it.

>>1184857
>Homosassa
Can confirm that place is legit nature-wise, though it is way out in the sticks. Pic is one I took from there. Weeki Wachee, another natural spring is in that general vicinity and they have a mermaid show, which is the only remaining show of its kind in the country.

Also, Ybor City is cool (it's basically our equivalent of Bourbon Street in New Orleans or Beale Street in Memphis). The cuban sandwich was invented there and also another street food called deviled crab, which is basically a Spanish-style crab cake. Both are very good. Every other restaurant in that neighborhood will sere those. Oh, and Busch Gardens has the largest assortment of roller coasters in Florida (iirc, it has more than both Universal parks combined).
>>
File: DSC05826.jpg (827KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05826.jpg
827KB, 1920x1080px
>>1184860
>I wouldn't think any place in Florida would be worth visiting if it wasn't on the water.

Our natural springs, nay of which are further inland, are pretty cool, and way more unique/interesting than the beaches. Pic related is one I took in Silver Springs near Ocala. If you felt extra adventurous, some of those springs are wide enough that you can scuba dive and go inside them (it can be extremely dangerous, though).
>>
>>1184875
>(it can be extremely dangerous, though).

Gators?

Flordia State Uni
>>
Is it possible to ride a jet ski to Cuba?
>>
>>1184880
Gators tend to shy away from humans. What's dangerous is that those underwater caves can go for miles and miles and if you don't keep a close watch on your air, you could run out before you get back to the surface, or you could get lost in the maze of caves.
>>
>>1185027
>Is it possible to ride a jet ski to Cuba?
The shortest distance is from Key West to Havana, which is 90 miles. I don't think a jet ski can hold that much fuel.
>>
I was unfortunate to grow up and live in Dunedin. The entire county is old white people with zero good food or culture outside of St Pete. Clearwater Beach is technically nice but not much fun at all unlike Jax or Miami. It's also dead a night.
If you're going to set foot outside of Tampa, the only fun place with people < 70 years old is St Pete, which is worth a visit. Great restaurants + Central Ave is really fun.
>>
>>1184873
>Tampa is basically what Miami would be if it had English-speaking middle class people living in it.

lol. Tampa's ok but comparing it to Miami is absurd. There's not nearly as much money in Tampa and Miami is about a hundred times bigger.
Not denying Tampa is probably much better for day-to-day living, but going there over Miami for vacation would be like choosing Albany over NYC.
>>
>>1185136
I get what you're saying but let's be honest Miami is really overrated. Unless you really like plastic surgery, EDM, and people who don't speak Enlgish, Tampa is probably a better option. Better beaches, more comfy.
>>
>>1185144
>more comfy
That's one way to say a less diverse food scene and a way less fun nightlife.

If you're <60, Miami is better than Tampa.
>>
>>1185106
Most of those jet skis are pretty long, enough for two maybe three people. Go by yourself and sling a rope over the back connecting to heavy gas cans together. It could be done.

I think you could make it on one tank really.
>>
>>1185296
Cuban military still patrols the waters.

>>1185136
>lol. Tampa's ok but comparing it to Miami is absurd.
This. There's nothing to compare. Tampa and West Palm have a little more of an anglo friendly scene if you actually wish to mingle with your own (for whatever reason), and with regards to concerts/clubs which feature music which might be rock or metal, european and not south american, or simply not reggaeton or ghetto house, however. You can be starved for good music if you aren't a hipster in Miami's Design District, where there's only churchills for rock. Forget trying to park on Miami Beach for any reason that isn't lunchtime during the season. But, no one beats the ability to go out at midnight like Miami where there's no curfew and you can party right until 7am, and then keep going until noon, lay on the beach, and then sleep all day and go back out at night. No one has the crazy 24/7 lifestyle like Miami.
>>
>>1185135
>I was unfortunate to grow up and live in Dunedin.
My wife is from there and her parents still live there.

You are seeing things through the eyes of a person in their early 20s, where the one thing that makes a place valuable is how exciting it is. That changes once you have kids of your own, where excitement becomes less valuable and peace becomes more valuable. From a perspective of a middle aged guy with kids, Dunedin is pretty bitchin'. Also, have you not been to the Dunedin Brewery? I went to a local BBQ food truck event a few years ago and their BBQ pork sandwich was the best one.
>>
>>1185441
The Dunedin Brewery does have pretty good food but the rest of downtown Dunedin's restaurants are awful.
Dunedin feels like everyone from flyover towns in the Midwest decided to retire and move to Florida and bring their ""culture"" with them, probably because that's exactly what happened
>>
>>1185487
>Midwest decided to retire and move to Florida and bring their ""culture"" with them, probably because that's exactly what happened

Hi from Lee's Summit, MO. I'm in the Tampa Bay area right now, parents are scouting for a place to buy their new home lol.
>>
>>1185491
>parents are scouting for a place to buy their new home lol.

Best place is on the outer rim of the Tampa Bay metro area, which is in southern Pasco County, in the Trinity area specifically. Tons of brand-new construction in that vicinity.
>>
>>1185715
I like that area but Lake Magdalene and Northdale are the comfiest places in Tampa. Nice spread but you're close to actual Tampa
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.