[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would Brussels be like during the third week of February?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Brussels.jpg (515KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
Brussels.jpg
515KB, 849x565px
What would Brussels be like during the third week of February?
Would it be worth visiting?
And if I were in the area for ~10 days, would it be worth visiting Amsterdam/Paris/other nearby cities?

I'm asking because there are a lot of cheap flights to Brussels and other surrounding cities (Amsterdam, Paris, Western Germany, etc.) from my hometown in February and it seems like it might be a good deal and non-touristy that time of the year.
>>
I guess I should add my main interests are museums, exploring (just by walking) around cities with my camera, and history in general.
>>
Brussels kinda sucked. I mean yeah it has a couple of interesting museums i guess but you will absolutely need to be seeing other cities if you plan on being around for 10 days. 2 days TOPS in brussels, hell even 1 would cut it.
>>
2 days Brussels is fine if you don't want to Rush and also have time to stroll around a bit. Pop to Bruges or Ghent with the train and I would suggest going to Amsterdam m, maybe visit antwerp on the way back to Brussels. That way you've seen a lot of Belgium and the trains are cheap and don't take long.
>>
February is the cheapest month for travelling at least in Europe (I think also in North America) - but there's a reason for it.
Specifically for Brussels the weather is gonna suck. Icy rain, and it gets dark at 17. No christmass markets to start drinking hot wine at 17 either.

on the other hand, the RLD is always open so there's that.
>>
Brussels is Dirty, poor, ugly and filled with black people and arabs. Visit any other belgian city instead (Bruges, Ghent, Antwerp)
>>
>>1184112
Brussels is the shittiest city I've been to in Europe, and that's even including Glasgow. When I think of it, I just think of a nice city center, horrible buildings surrounding it, shitty weather, rivers of piss and shit on the streets and just a ton of Arabs and Black people destroying the cultural heritage it once might've had. Seriously, listen to the other posters here and avoid it.
>>
>>1184112
Having studied in Brussels for several years, I can say it's not half as bad as people itt make it out to be. However, you do have to know where the fun bits are to enjoy it - and you need a knowledgeable local guide for that. Other cities in Belgium are more accessible, to put it that way. There's direct trains to most big cities, as well as Amsterdam. Train to the latter is ~€50, and I recommend booking your - invariable expensive - accomodation well in advance if you plan to stay in Amsterdam.

Weather's probably going to suck though: rainy, cold and dark early.
>>
File: image.jpg (438KB, 1516x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
438KB, 1516x1000px
You could try to visit some southern Dutch cities if you are there.
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 1024x768px
>>1184342
>>
>>1184335
>>1184248
>>1184213
My heart is not really set upon Brussels, I just saw cheap tickets and thought about going there and maybe going to other cities if nothing interests me there.

I'm mostly concerned about the weather going to Western Europe in February...would it be decent or miserable?
>>
>>1184358
Decent, but it will be cold. Perhaps you will have the chance to see some snow.
>>
>>1184112
Beautiful and chilly
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.