[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thailand's king died and a mourning period of one years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: rtss16c-e1476357665510.jpg (955KB, 3482x2100px) Image search: [Google]
rtss16c-e1476357665510.jpg
955KB, 3482x2100px
Thailand's king died and a mourning period of one years was announced.

I read New Years celebrations were cancelled - does this mean Bangkok won't have any fireworks or countdowns this year?
>>
>>1182831
i read they are outlawing alcohol and stopping all tourism for a year
>>
>>1182836
you read wrong.
>>
>>1182831
Bumping for relevance, I'm going to Thailand in the July-August time frame.

How big of an issue will this be to me, in regards to >>1182836 ?
>>
>>1182909
you're expected to wear black/gray, you can't touch money since it's a symbol of the king and if you smile they will fine you for lese majeste
>>
>fine you for similing
it's okay when thailand does it! not north korea though!
>>
>>1182831
>>1182836
>>1183002

I need a source on all of these memes.

>>1182913
Now this is just retarded. Wtf is going on in this thread.
>>
>>1182913
explain
>>
The 30 day mourning period is over. Things are slowly returning to more normal. Things are still a bit more subdued, bars and hookers are open for business but less visible. Things like music and entertainment less out in the open.
>>
>>1183014
OP here.

I e-mailed a restaurant for table booking on New Years EVE. This is part of the reply I got:

"Due to the recent king's death there won't be any celebrations in Thailand this year for New Years Eve"
>>
nah i went 1 week after the death, some clubs were closed, but that was it. rest of the country was almost bau, but a lot of black and white atm's and ads.

there were free buses and food in the centre of bangkok. (for everyone! inteded for mourners, but the locals invited us tourists.)
>>
>>1183031
You seem to have a clue.

Last new year in Bangkok, thai fighting and live music was arranged at the World Plaza and a certain temple was prepared as the main place for fireworks. Do you happen to know if such things be banned this new year?
>>
>>1183087
At the most it means there won't be joyous open celebration. The restaurant will be open for business as usual. Maybe just no fireworks that's all.
>>
File: 20161113_004818.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_004818.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>1182831
The mourning thing is a meme, and half these posts are trolls. Pic is Walking Street in Phuket on a Saturday night from Illusionz.

Pattaya is alive, too. Soi Cowboy is sort of dead, but Nana is popping. It's just the big public celebrations that are more subdued. Loy Krathong was largely a bust, and that was one of the reasons I came. But outside of people rocking Rama IX gear, you won't even notice a difference.
>>
Wear black when you can and don't be a cunt or disrespect the king

The shit about being arrested for smiling is complete bullshit, bars are open right now (some), you CAN touch money obviously, just don't step on it or anything, but above all really just don't be a cunt. Thais are nice people who are genuinely sad at the moment so it's kind of a dick move anyway even disregarding the Les majeste laws
>>
>>1182831
I don't understand women wailing like this over someone they've never even met. Are they paid?
>>
>>1183958
Do you understand the idea of culture, belief, empathy or worship? Not trying to be a dick, but you have to see it first hand to truly understand what they are going though.

If you saw Thai society at length and how they adore the king it makes a lot of sense. He was probably one of the rare examples of a modern royal who did exponential amounts of good for his people, and they literally view him as a father figure for it.

Like, they literally call him Dad. I know it looks odd from the outside but it's actually pretty endearing. Adding into this the fact that the next in line to the throne is a fucking massive wildcard who is generally hated by Thais, this is a time of fear for them as much as it is a time of mourning their king.
>>
>>1183962
It's all a facade you stupid cunt, they only do it because they're brainwashed or afraid they'll be put in jail if they don't.
>>
>>1183963
This is not true of all of them. The king himself did a lot of good things which are genuinely appreciated by Thais
>>
>>1183963
Except for the part where they all actively hate the prince and don't want him to be the new king

Just accept that the king himself was loved, they fucking hate other people in the family whom those batshit laws also apply to
>>
>>1183962
Wildcard sounds about right. He is a powertripping douchebag and generally hated. But the military might also quietly tell him something like "hey look, you're the King now, you have to get your shit together". So he might at least try to avoid acting like a massive douche in public.
>>
>>1182831
Yikes that's not good expect terrorist attacks and cartels to move in now. No more trannys for you guys.
>>
>>1183958
>>1183963
why did people cry and kill themselves when michael jackson died? it's just culture
>>
>>1183988
Thailand has always had terrorist attacks and the "mafia", sooo...
>>
>>1183958
>Are they paid?

Just brainwashed
>>
File: 1466110067405.png (65KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1466110067405.png
65KB, 550x550px
>>1183964
>t. Thai Internet Defense Force
>>
>>1183958
>>1183962
>hur dur it's their culture!
This reminds me of Ice Cube in Three Kings

When someone asks "why do _______" they aren't asking IF it is a cultural issue, that shit is obvious, they are asking why that cultural aspect is what it is; what events, ideas, and or beliefs led to the creation of the cultural practice in question.
>>
>>1185514
Why do white people only question things that are different from their culture even though they don't know the reasons for half the shit they do
>>
>>1185824

Why do assholes always bring up race even though they don't know the reasons for all the stuff anons post/ask?
>>
>>1185828
>white person getting mad about a stereotype about them
>>
>>1185830
Asshole doubling down on the assholism.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.