[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Egypt in 24 hours. I land in Cairo and then i have 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: All_Gizah_Pyramids[1].jpg (6MB, 4372x2906px) Image search: [Google]
All_Gizah_Pyramids[1].jpg
6MB, 4372x2906px
Going to Egypt in 24 hours. I land in Cairo and then i have 2 weeks to explore the country. I red most pro tips online like how to not get fucked over by locals and so on, maybe any one here has been there and can share some experiences? since taxis are scam i thinking of using Uber while in Cairo for couple days and then move on to something like Hurgada via buss to see the sea and chill for couple of days in a hotel.
>>
if I may piggyback off this thread,
I love Morocco. Would I like Egypt? More interested in nature and modern culture, less interested in ruins.
>>
>>1182568
>More interested in nature and modern culture, less interested in ruins.

Well then Egypt may not be the country for you, given the fact that like 99% of its attractions are ancient ruins. I really liked travelling down the Nile in terms of nature, but you can probably get better elsewhere, and the desert in Egypt is less impressive than the sand dunes in Morocco. It's probably the most important country in terms of modern Arab culture though, and the majority of Arab films and music seem to come from Egypt, if that's your kind of thing.
>>
>>1182568
>>1182578
I'm sorry but you are a retard.

There is a cool Oasis you can visit in the Western desert away from the Nile (ie the cozy place where ancient civilizations and modern people live) but it is not safe at all.

You could go to Alexanderia, it's an ancient city but mostly destroyed so only modern stuff there, but then again you like nature, not cities so....

Just stick to Morocco, that's probably what you're looking for I guess.
>>
>>1182533
Don't take a taxi. My uncle nearly got killed when he wanted to go clubbing.
>>
>>1182686
Sounds promising
>>
>>1182649
>I'm sorry but you are a retard
>Just stick to Morocco

Found the Moroccan.
>>
File: 20161013_102840.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_102840.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Well, since you're already there and fucked, let me help the best that I can.

1. Taxi's aren't always a scam. The best experience I had (read: the only time a scam wasn't attempted on me) was the 1 time I got a taxi. Clearly not representative, but it was just 1 honest driver trying to make a living and treated me like any other person. You're right to try and use uber most of the time though. Take private transport everywhere.

2. Network with intelligent and friendly people as much as you can. I would definitely recommend Couchsurfing for this, even if you have a place to stay, a lot of people will agree to show you around or chill with you.

3. Keep low key and be smart about your surroundings. Anywhere but central Cairo (Tahrir square and surrounding area, up to Al Azhar park to the east is okay. Don't bother with the western parts.

4. They'll tell you that the perimeter tour of the Giza pyramids is 12km and you "need" a horse/camel. You don't. The main things are 1km from entrance.

After you're done with that ghetto known as Cairo, see the memes like Luxor and Aswan.
Consider retiring to Dahab, nice little place with plenty of tourism still going on. It's also close to Israel where you can escape of shit hits the fan.

>>1182568
No. Don't visit Egypt for "culture" as there isn't any. The "culture" boils down to Islam and poverty.
>>
>>1182815
>4. They'll tell you that the perimeter tour of the Giza pyramids is 12km and you "need" a horse/camel. You don't. The main things are 1km from entrance.

You're the 4th person to tell me this :D, looks like everyone falls for the "nice and cheep camel ride" scam
>>
How is it going so far?
>>
>>1182834

>looks like everyone falls for the "nice and cheep camel ride" scam

Riding a horse or a camel around the pyramids isn't really a scam. You can negotiate a price and walk it if you don't like it. I rode a horse around it and it was dope. Worth doing if you haven't ridden an animal before
>>
>>1183053
End of 5th day in Egypt. Was in Luxor, visited all the temples, how they make papirus, how guys make random stuff out of rocks and so on, now i'm chilling in a resort in Hurgada. after this i'm going to Cairo.
>>
>>1184603
You feel safe? We've got a trip planned with the family in a few months and was wondering how it is.
>>
>>1185924
I've been to Egypt last Jan. in Cairo for 2 days. As we were few guys, we actually felt pretty safe, but very comfortable. As we were driving with the bus, some military or police guys always were checking our bus, but that was mostly outside Cairo. Also there were many check points, as we travelled by bus from Sharam Al Scheikh. So i guess we were just stupid to travel by bus. But had any problems, sometimes they didn't even check our passports.
But in Cairo we felt pretty safe.

They love tourists, especially if you are carrying money, but i guess that fits every country.

We found a guy on couchsurfing to show us the city and that was our best decision in Cairo, so i suggest doing that.

What I realized about prices:
1. If it is expensive for you, you can bargain to have cheaper by few times.
2. If it's cheap - it is too expensive and actually worth nothing, but you can buy that.
3. If it's free - it's the worst price there could be. Never take that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.