[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I visit Syria this summer? I want to see Damascus I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4526.jpg (707KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4526.jpg
707KB, 3008x2000px
Can I visit Syria this summer? I want to see Damascus
I'm not asking if it's safe or not I'm asking if it's legally possible to travel to Damascus.
Also I wonder if any of you have been to Syria during the war for vacation not jihadist reasons.
>>
>>1180171

Yes, but when you get back (or should I say IF you get back) you'll end up on a lot of goverment watchlists.
>>
>>1180171
>Also I wonder if any of you have been to Syria during the war for vacation not jihadist reasons

anon, no offense but this idea is absolutely retarded
>>
>>1180171
The Syrian government promotes tourism to Tartus.
>>
>>1180174
Well be so it, it's not like I'm doing anything illegal
>>1180176
It is but I have never traveled to Syria ever and I really want to
>>1180177
Links plox also thanks for letting me know that
>>
>>1180193
Not many links I can share. Belgian media were showing this vid, and they were pretty butthurt about it. They also mentioned the following link. They're building hotels and they seem to be confident they'll attract more and more tourists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saXH4yQARqg
http://www.syriatourism.org/
>>
>>1180194
:) I'll come to Syria this summer definitely. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1180231
Youre very welcome, have fun.
Is the website helpful to you? Do you speak Arabic?
>>
>>1180334
I can't speak arabic at all, but I will learn it because I really need to speak it a bit at least when I get there. Google translator gives me somewhat an idea.
>>
>>1180418
May I ask though, why the particular choice for Syria?
>>
>>1180231
wew lad, this comment just screams "please put me on a no-fly least and drag my ass to Guantanamo"
>>
>>1180421
I try to tell myself it's for touristic reasons only but...
I have never seen my family, don't care about aunts and uncles but I want to see my parents before I or they die lol. Maybe I'll even live with them.
>>1180422
Where exactly did I state that I want to behead people? I just want to visit Syria for touristic reasons... I'm not even muslim..
>>
>>1180433
Do your parents live in Damascus or what?

Sadly, the USA excludes everyone who has travelled to Syria, Iraq, Iran and Sudan from the Visa Waiver programme. Reconsider if you want to visit the USA someday and you're from a country that doesn't need a visa. But who knows, maybe Trump will change this. He doesn't want to ban muslims from entering the USA anymore.
>>
Are tour groups in Syria even safe?
>>
>>1180433
>Where exactly did I state that I want to behead people?

you think that's not a common excuse ISIS fighters use? If the border security finds out about your plans, they won't really care about your story of wanting to visiting the country
>>
>>1180449
they don't live in damascus actually but I'd rather not reveal their location. I really want to visit usa badly too one day but I hope Donald Trump will fix that, I'm determined to go to Syria this year.
>>1180450
I don't know ;_;
>>1180453
So are you saying it's illegal to travel to syria?
>>
>>1180171
Just waiting a few fucking years for dust to settle. The war is almost over, ISIS is getting its shit kicked in thoroughly, the country should be open for business within two years.

Just out of respect, give some time to Syrians, the whole country is going through PTSD, for gookmoot's sake.

Go to Jordan instead if you want to visit this region of the Middle East.
>>
>>1180492
But my parents aren't in Jordan and they are very old. I really want to see them. By the way are you saying within 2 years ISIS will be gone?
>>
>>1180518
Ay, mate, I missed the post where you mentioned your parents being there. Sorry, but I'm wondering your motives, you're very vague and I'm not entirely convinced you want to go there to see your parents.

About ISIS, I think the organization will be down, but obviously, some soldiers will remain here and there hidden in the crowd. Anyway, the country will have regained control, so back to peace as he was before and on the road to reconstruction.

You seem distressed about that ?
>>
>>1180565
>and I'm not entirely convinced you want to go there to see your parents.
That's your problem, are you the CIA?

Distressed? No I am happy of course, but I wish I had seen them sooner after I heard my father was shot by a rebel years ago. I asked if ISIS will btfo within 2 years because maybe I can wait next year. There are also the rebels btw, dont know why you address ISIS only. But if you aren't certain that these two rubbish go away within 2 years I'll go this summer. They need my money anyways.
>>
>>1180668
Were you born in syria? How long since you have seen your parents...If they are old and need support you should go anyways to give them some comfort....Damn the jews and the saudis for what they have done
>>
>>1180678
And also damn their puppets the americans and euros for destroying so many middle east countries i.e. afghanistan, iraq, libya, syria, yemen etc
>>
>>1180681
Let's be honest, Americans and Euros just fanned fires a little, but the whole region was bound to break into civil war at some point or another.
I mean half of Lybia turned against Qaddafi, there was something afoot for a long time.
Iraq had Kurdistan in upheavals for years. And Yemen is pretty much Saudi business.

Grow up a bit, Middle Easteners are adults and they do stupid shit by themselves as well.

>>1180668
>if I'm certain it will finish within two years
Well, no, of course not, I'm no wizard. But ISIS has lost a lot of people, it's pretty much its swan cry right now. The other Islamst groups are too small and disorganized to do anything remotely as dangerous as ISIS.
The rebels won't fight forever the government now that Russia is engaged. Bashar will probz win too.
Bashar guys - or whoever will lead the country after this bullshit - need the economy up and running ASAP so they'll do everything they can to get tourism back on track and the country open.
I guess 2 years should be enough to end all of this.
>>
http://www.tema.ru/eng/travel/syria-3/

This hard to please pidoraškan really rates it.

Shame really.
>>
>>1180171
I actually know a guy from Syria. He lives in Tartus. I'm really curious about his life and the war and I've asked him about it and he's told me that literally nothing has changed whatsoever. There is no evidence of war and he doesn't know a single person that left for asylum status in Europe. His life is exactly the same before the CIA conducted Arab Spring that eventually erupted into chaos and now. The only thing he's said that has changed is that his money is worth less than before the war.

Many parts of the country are left untouched but it's still nearly impossible to get into the country legally.
>>
>>1180449
>Sadly, the USA excludes everyone who has travelled to Syria, Iraq, Iran and Sudan from the Visa Waiver programme
What happens if you're an American citizen and visit one of those countries? I have dual American citizenship and I plan to visit Iran next spring. Surely they can't keep me out of my own country. What will happen if I visit?
>>
>>1180744
Nothing will happen to you, I imagine. You visit Iran with your non-American passport and upon entering the USA you siplmy show your American passport which shows no evidence of you having been to Iran. You're an American citizen, so there's no reason why they should as you difficult questions. Unless you're flying straight from Tehran.
Have fun in Iran, you won't regret it.
>>
>>1180749
But when returning to the US you're required to fill out an entry form that asks which countries you've visited while abroad. What would happen if I did not indicate that I visited Iran? Surely they'd be aware if my travel destination is Tehran and my origin of my return is listed as Tehran on my ticket and baggage.

And another question, I've been living in Europe for the last two years and I will be returning to America in two weeks for the first time in years. During my time here I traveled to Ukraine and visited eastern Ukraine, specifically Donetsk and Mariupol and some other locations. The US considers these locations as places of interest. Do you think I'll run into problems when I return to the US?
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>1180668
>mfw

Just go dude, I suppose youll blend in except for the language barrier. As some othet anon said there might be complications afterwards. Contact the embassy perhaps?
Good luck.
>>
>>1180753
What the fuck? What kind of nazi state do you live in?
>>
>>1180753
>During my time here I traveled to Ukraine and visited eastern Ukraine, specifically Donetsk and Mariupol and some other locations
You just tell them you were in Ukraine and that's it.

I was in Ukraine over the summer and I had no problems coming back. The guy at JFK only got angry when I asked to repeat himself as he told me to leave.
>>
>>1180753

Probably not, if you're from the United States.

I've been on a handful of long trips over the past few years. The only time I was stopped and pulled aside for additional questioning was after my first time traveling for months on end. I had at least eight or nine entry and exit stamps into and out of Turkey, as well as a visa-on-arrival from Iraqi Kurdistan. Customs and immigration asked me a handful of questions about where I study, what I do for a living, and where I live in America.

After five minutes, they let me go.

The only other time I was questioned was at the final checkpoint out of my airport. I'd been in India for a few months and they noted that I'd traveled there several times before. They asked what I'd been doing in India; I answered truthfully and they let me pass on without hesitation.

You might get some questions if you travel to "odd" destinations, by American standards, but you probably won't run into trouble as long as you have an adequate explanation for what you were doing.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.